England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We might start like never before with Rebic as CF

Livakovic - Barisic, Caleta-Car, Vida, Vrsaljko -Kovacic, Modric, Brozovic - Perisic, Vlasic - Rebic

Although I want Gvardiol as left back, but he probably won't start, even though the kid is absolute best what we got and he isn't even a LB, he' a CB.

We'll pump that lot.

Only messing. Croatia-England games have been won by one goal over the last few years, so fully expect another close game. The last three results have been 1-2, 2-1 and 0-0 between the two sides, which shows that they've been on a pretty similar level. But that extra bit of quality in Modric in the past has made that bit of difference. He's now older still, though still wonderful, and England definitely have a lot more talent, so we'll so how Sunday pans out.

We'll pump that lot.

Only messing. Croatia-England games have been won by one goal over the last few years, so fully expect another close game. The last three results have been 1-2, 2-1 and 0-0 between the two sides, which shows that they've been on a pretty similar level. But that extra bit of quality in Modric in the past has made that bit of difference. He's now older still, though still wonderful, and England definitely have a lot more talent, so we'll so how Sunday pans out.
I believe Vlasic is the player who will come big in this tournament and get back to Premier League. Without Mandzukic we'll need his and Perisic goals. We'll see.

Why do many people think he'll play a back 3/5? He's just played a back 4 in both friendlies.
Like a shit Jose ! Defence first which is a disgrace considering the attacking talent we currently have in the squad! Let’s go all out attack , teams will be terrified of our front 4 !

Goalie
Back 4 (that doesn't have Walker in it)
Rice (6)
Foden and Mount (8s)
2 of Sterling, Rashford and Sancho playing wide
Kane

What's wrong with Walker? He always does a decent job for England. That said I'd choose James over him, and possibly Trippier too for the latter's set-piece ability.

I managed to watch most of the Croatia game in their narrow loss to Belgium and they look a very slow, plodding sort of side. Technically really good, good on the ball, as you would expect with players like Modric, Kovacic and Perisic. But I think pace and movement kills them. We have both in abundance if used correctly.

They are genuinely one of the slowest sides all over the park I've seen for a long time.
I remember everyone saying that about Italy just before they played us...... And then Pirlo ripped us a new one - twice.

Let's hope Modric doesn't decide to do the same!

No offense to England, I hope you guys win against Croatia for sure but I also hope Modric runs the show. I want to see him completely embarrass Mount so the media will realize Mount is not world class.

No offense to England, I hope you guys win against Croatia for sure but I also hope Modric runs the show. I want to see him completely embarrass Mount so the media will realize Mount is not world class.

How does Modric running anything show that Mount isn't world-class? Mount was one of the best players on the pitch when Chelsea played Real Madrid over both legs. Modric played well too, but he didn't stop Mount from looking the fantastic player he is.

Some right weird opinions and agendas on this site.

How does Modric running anything show that Mount isn't world-class? Mount was one of the best players on the pitch when Chelsea played Real Madrid over both legs. Modric played well too, but he didn't stop Mount from looking the fantastic player he is.

Some right weird opinions and agendas on this site.
Because all I'm hearing in the media is Mount taking the stage vs Modric. Not a weird agenda at all.

You're perfectly fine with leaving this site.

Because all I'm hearing in the media is Mount taking the stage vs Modric. Not a weird agenda at all.

You're perfectly fine with leaving this site.

Why would I leave the site because I disagree with someone's opinion? You said you want Modric to show that Mount isn't world-class. Even if Modric plays really well, as he usually does, and Mount doesn't have a good game, that hardly proves anything. It's like saying Mount must be better than Modric because he was even better when Chelsea and Real Madrid played each other twice recently. I just find it a bit of a strange comment, hence why I replied to it.

Modric isn't embarrassing Mount on any given day.

England will take this 4-0. Too much quality at the front for an aging Croatia side who lack pace to defend against. Once they first two goals go in, they will capitulate.

England will take this 4-0. Too much quality at the front for an aging Croatia side who lack pace to defend against. Once they first two goals go in, they will capitulate.

Awkward Cringe GIF by The Only Way is Essex

Didn't he have one at the last major tournament? Gave a pen away if I remember rightly.

He did give away a penalty against Tunisia that didn't mean anything in the end. I suppose it was silly, but if you're giving penalties for that then there should be 5 or 6 every game. Their striker went down like he'd taken one from prime Lennox.

He did but it was lazy, sloppy stuff from Walker, body shape was wrong and just through an arm out when he could've headed away.
Also got done on a cross in the semi, not a mistake in the same way but on his heels and cost us a goal.

His ability to recover is amazing but I don't trust him...if he's playing I hope it's at right back and not centre half.

Back
Top Bottom