England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awkward Cringe GIF by The Only Way is Essex
That colour really suits you

I think this historically has always been England's biggest problem, along with a very physically demanding season before international tournaments
Southgate has done a great job with the media relationship.

Historically the media follow an all to familiar cycle, they are way, way over the top with their attacks on the England team/manager/player(s), but this has happened because they over a period of many, many months build up the players and team so much prior to a tournament that by the time it arrives the expectation is that we are going to win every game 6-0 because we've got a "golden generation" or whatever label they've fashioned.

They've done this without any research carried out on the opposition and it's this piece that demonstrates the arrogance in all of its glory, epitomized by the biggest knob of them all Martin Samuel. I swear in the Mike Bassett movie the beared journalist character played by Jupitious is based on him.

Didn't modric play this card in 2018?

Yeah, why bring it up?

They've got real chips on their shoulders these Croats.

Maybe they're related to the Scots?

:sonhmm:

I think it will be a draw tomorrow anyway, we haven't been able to play our best team for either of our two warm-up games so I'm expecting a slow start to the tournament. Hopefully I'm wrong and we thrash them.

I think this historically has always been England's biggest problem, along with a very physically demanding season before international tournaments

Not to mention, whatever the circumstances, we have a sure-fire knack of not knowing our best XI by the time the tournament arrives.

Southgate has done a great job with the media relationship.

Historically the media follow an all to familiar cycle, they are way, way over the top with their attacks on the England team/manager/player(s), but this has happened because they over a period of many, many months build up the players and team so much prior to a tournament that by the time it arrives the expectation is that we are going to win every game 6-0 because we've got a "golden generation" or whatever label they've fashioned.

They've done this without any research carried out on the opposition and it's this piece that demonstrates the arrogance in all of its glory, epitomized by the biggest knob of them all Martin Samuel. I swear in the Mike Bassett movie the beared journalist character played by Jupitious is based on him.

No front-page scandals so far this time around..... Been a while!

Yeah, why bring it up?

They've got real chips on their shoulders these Croats.

Maybe they're related to the Scots?

:sonhmm:

I think it will be a draw tomorrow anyway, we haven't been able to play our best team for either of our two warm-up games so I'm expecting a slow start to the tournament. Hopefully I'm wrong and we thrash them.
Why bring race into it?

Race?!

They're from Croatia, no?

Croats, Croatians, whatever. All I know is they're a chippy bunch with a very poor sense of humour.

Good team though and Modric is one of the best midfielders in the world even at the age of 35. Will be a tough game tomorrow.
So all Scots and Croatians are a chippy bunch with no sense of humour?

Righto 👍

2-1 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

He's not wrong..................

I do think this arrogance thing is well over blown. Lots of people think we have a really good squad (a bit over the top imo) but you'd be hard pressed to find an Englishman who didn't rate the Portuguese and especially the French squad higher.

Its essentially people just misinterpreting the three lions song, which is at its heart about how we always fail and always will.

Some of us started to believe by the semi final in 2018 but we didn't really think we'd do it.

The self depreciating British sense of humour doesn't travel well.

I don’t rate Southgate, he still hasn’t got a set team or system, he has a right back fetish, defensively we are not the best and Pickford is very poor. Despite all of this I actually think we have a great tournament. I expect us to win all 3 group matches starting with Croatia tomorrow. 2-1 to England.

Back
Top Bottom