England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate for some reason all England managers even foreign ones do the same, Scholes played as a left winger, Gerrard and Lampard played together but no DM etc.

England managers have had the players to win things before but they are dinosaurs mostly. Back in the 80’s playing the likes of Bryan Robson but not Hoddle. England could make prime Messi, Iniesta and Xavi look like cloggers.
I would love to have seen hoddle with this group of players

I would love to have seen hoddle with this group of players

He was by far the best England manager in how we played, we actually played with style, shame he said silly things and got booted. We have not had another progressive manager since.

Much as Redknapp’s chase of the job was annoying he would have been a good manager I think for England. He had good instincts in terms of picking teams.

He was by far the best England manager in how we played, we actually played with style, shame he said silly things and got booted. We have not had another progressive manager since.

Much as Redknapp’s chase of the job was annoying he would have been a good manager I think for England. He had good instincts in terms of picking teams.
Redknapp would be a great England manager , he isn’t a yes man though so can’t see him getting the job!

Maybe England will surprise and play well but it kind of feels with these players and being stronger in attack than defence we will do well in-spite of Southgate rather than because of him. I don’t dislike him but he is a conservative old school manager managing a team of skilful attacking players. Doesn’t fit in my view.

I don't mind Trippier at LB, but when we have two quality LBs, it is a bit odd.
If Southgate wanted the famous Spurs FB pairing of Walker & Trippier, I'd rather he swapped them round.

Trippier on the right so he can use his excellent delivery.

Walker on the left, because his attacking game is primarily about running fast, then stopping to lay the ball off, which he should be able to do just as well from that flank.

It is odd though that two FBs who were often criticized by Spurs fans are picked of James, Chilwell & Shaw.

Back
Top Bottom