England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched Australia only beat 10 man Nepal 3-0 at 2am our time and it was more exciting than this. England have no offensive tactics apart from putting long balls out in front of the wingers.

I get it's a weird decision to start him but I wouldn't say he's looked out of place in the first 45.

So? He's a fucking full back, he doesn't hit every free kick ffs.

Good grief. Have any of you ever tried to get a ball up and down over a wall 10 yards away from that kind of range? Even just a training set? Clueless.
So would you have chosen Trippier at Left back over Shaw or Chilwell?

Would he have been the man you picked?

I get what people see in Sterling and why he can entice you to select him given his pace and positioning. At a certain point though, when he's shown you again and again that when he gets those balls in dangerous places, he fucks it, you need to try something else there.

England have been the better team but run out of energy.

Would be keen on getting Bellingham on, Shaw for Walker and then Trips can go back to RB and Grealish for Mount.

This is a game England can win.

So would you have chosen Trippier at Left back over Shaw or Chilwell?

Would he have been the man you picked?
My post itself says I think it's weird to start him.

It's dumb singling him out after 45 though given there's like 4-5 other players who deserve to be subbed more than him.

Don't know why some people are so triggered. There was only one team in it for 25 minutes but Croatia aren't mugs, and they are always going to have phases in the game where they are on top. We hit the post, forced a good save from their keeper and got in a few great positions.

Anyone would think we're 2 down the way some wankers talk here.

Don't know why some people are so triggered. There was only one team in it for 25 minutes but Croatia aren't mugs, and they are always going to have phases in the game where they are on top. We hit the post, forced a good save from their keeper and got in a few great positions.

Anyone would think we're 2 down the way some wankers talk here.
Think it is the England mentality almost, as if they should be pasting any teams. Croatia a good outfit. You'd take a 1-0 win any day.

I get what people see in Sterling and why he can entice you to select him given his pace and positioning. At a certain point though, when he's shown you again and again that when he gets those balls in dangerous places, he fucks it, you need to try something else there.
Think they said before the game that he has 12 goals in his last 16 England games.

That's why he's been picked.

Think it is the England mentality almost, as if they should be pasting any teams. Croatia a good outfit. You'd take a 1-0 win any day.

Overall we were the better side that half. Both sides are clearly struggling a bit in the heat, and being the opening game for both countries in the tournament you need to bed into it a little.

Back
Top Bottom