England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"There are worse matches to play than at Wembley against England. I think we can make it and be successful"

We're winning this one.

2cdddd998f967ae27db360a976dc823e.png

Two things worry me, well three things really. One is Gnabry's pace. We all know what happened the last time he was in London. Kroos and Gundogan up against Rice and Phillips is a bit of a mismatch. We should go with Henderson and Bellingham, but we won't. And the final thing is it's freaking Germany. They're not quite what they were, but they love nothing more than to spoil an English party.

3 things are certain in life , Death , taxes and Germany knocking England out of the football! Gary will try and play it safe but I just think we will be overrun and can see this ending about 4-1 Germany

If Germany only crosses from half-spaces again (like yesterday), then England should be fine. They are very prone to counter-attacks because of their high-line and the fact Havertz and Sane are deployed for safeguarding. So, just find Kane someone to repeat the Sonny-trick from the first months of the season. Sterling probably fits best, but has limited finishing abilities. So, I guess it will be 1:0 because one time the trick will work before Germany figured out what to do against it.

It's been shown to work in past tournaments with other teams but I don't think our defence can sustain that.

Agreed.

This tournament is crying out for a team with EPL-style intensity to take it by the scruff of the neck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom