England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

France v Gernany was a good blueprint of how to beat the german fuckers. Although it was only 1-0 they played it perfectly. Defensively very solid and stable and quick counters and an MBappe who really is super speedy and skilled.

Let's hope this doesn't have the same outcome that so many of our build-ups to big games have and which invariably leave us in the chamber of disappointment.

Neither side are great in my opinion and so I think it is a question of belief and being mentally right on the night.

Great chance of getting to the final if we are able to do all the right things well.

He needs to, the knockouts will not be forgiving. He needs to set up to get more chances to Kane.
I think if Southgate had a plan or any idea of how to do that, he'd probably have tried it by now.

It's unusual for us to ever change our style midway through a tournament.

The only thing we can hope for is the half chances that have hit the post, hit the bar and just gone wide....... Well they need to start going in. If we can do that, then we'll create momentum, and momentum and belief can give you another 10 percent.

We just look like a group that is going to get overawed by the occasion.

France v Gernany was a good blueprint of how to beat the german fuckers. Although it was only 1-0 they played it perfectly. Defensively very solid and stable and quick counters and an MBappe who really is super speedy and skilled.
I agree. MBappe up front will solve a lot of our problems..

Let's hope this doesn't have the same outcome that so many of our build-ups to big games have and which invariably leave us in the chamber of disappointment.

Neither side are great in my opinion and so I think it is a question of belief and being mentally right on the night.

Great chance of getting to the final if we are able to do all the right things well.
You forgot to slag off Kane. Are you learning?

If Scotland had better strikers they would have scored , we can’t be giving Germany the chances we did to Scotland, I know we have kept 3 clean sheets but I am not reading to much into that
Germany risked leaving the competition, Hungary suffered. Let's say that even the Germans must be careful

Almost a week to the game, more than enough time for our media to put insane amounts of pressure on the team and print a couple of disgraceful ‘exposes’ on our players, all whilst Germany have a nice chilled build up

Think it's very evenly matched so cometh the hour...
Yeah, hope Kane smashes in a hat trick (and the commentators will not mention Hurst or 66 in the process) and We win 3-2 with the 3rd a bullet from the man himself….

We should actually be favourites going into this, but as per normal the media will over think it, then Southgate will over think it, and the Germans will be proficient enough to win, as per usual….

Yeah, hope Kane smashes in a hat trick (and the commentators will not mention Hurst or 66 in the process) and We win 3-2 with the 3rd a bullet from the man himself….

We should actually be favourites going into this, but as per normal the media will over think it, then Southgate will over think it, and the Germans will be proficient enough to win, as per usual….

Not sure about being favourites but neither should we feel inferior.

It is set up for an England player to deliver.

Let's see if anyone has the gumption and ability required.

Not sure about being favourites but neither should we feel inferior.

It is set up for an England player to deliver.

Let's see if anyone has the gumption and ability required.

Someone is going to be a hero. Kane. Foden. Havertz, Werner. It would be so sods law for Werner to almost be a meme during his time in England to go and have a wonderful game, or score the winning goal if coming on as a sub with a brilliant finish.

Going for form and/or legs, mostly.

------------------Pickford------------------

Walker----Stones----Mings----Chilwell

-------------------Phillips-------------------
----------Bellingham-----------------------
-----------------------Mount----------------
--Saka-----------------------------Grealish-
-------------------Kane----------------------

England 5 - 1 Germany

Someone is going to be a hero. Kane. Foden. Havertz, Werner. It would be so sods law for Werner to almost be a meme during his time in England to go and have a wonderful game, or score the winning goal if coming on as a sub with a brilliant finish.
This is 100% what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom