England vs Italy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A must win game if we want to progress in the Nations League, and also a bit of redemption on the line perhaps. I still think England lost the final against Italy more than they won it, and nothing will ever change my mind.

Think we'll see a few changes again and might even see Abraham start, though Harry will no doubt be in Gareth's over the next few days demanding to play. To keep things fresh, my team would be something like -

Pickford

James
Stones
Tomori/Guehi
Justin (if fit)

Rice
Gallagher
Bellingham

Grealish/Foden
Bowen
Kane

Last edited:
I think it'll be much of the same as the first 2 games.

Well I hope we create as much as we did last night, as if we do, I can't see us being quite as wasteful again. Especially Harry who missed a couple of chances he would usually have taken.

Play Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Saka etc. and kill opponents with dynamism and pace? Interesting...

Lee: "We should drop Kane cos he drops deep and wide and yet there is no-one in the box when he does so"

Also Lee: "We should play Sterling Foden & Grealish cos they've happy to move across and change position across the front 3"

So let's get this straight..... They would occupy the CF position when rotating with each other, but not for Kane.

🤡

Lee: "We should drop Kane cos he drops deep and wide and yet there is no-one in the box when he does so"

Also Lee: "We should play Sterling Foden & Grealish cos they've happy to move across and change position across the front 3"

So let's get this straight..... They would occupy the CF position when rotating with each other, but not for Kane.

🤡
Worth a try for a game or two to see how it plays out

Worth a try for a game or two to see how it plays out

If Southgate plays Kane for 4 x 90mins during this string of games he's a moron ..... Not because of any dumb agenda you're hoping to reinforce by posting the ill-conceived warbling of a Man City fan wanting to see an all-City front 3.....

It would be stupid because:

- It shows no regard for the physical health of his players.
- GS spoke of experimenting as a justification for the Hungary performance yet didn't give his 2nd ST a try... Even we were seeking a face-saving equaliser in the final throws of the game.

We are badly coached in an attacking sense as it is..... If GS can't get a tune out of one the best STs in the world that can hold the ball up well and has world class passing ability, then trying to channel Guardiola's 3 interchanging false-9s approach would be even more out of reach.

Lastly, you don't give a shit about England anyway; so any interest you have vested in this blatantly revolves around your puerile troll agenda.

Last edited:
I think Grealish should start - England looked at least a bit more threatening with him on the field.

Also had a lot to do with Germany tiring and not pressing how they did. No team can press for the entire game. Once more space became available and England players had a bit more time on the ball they were able to look dangerous every time they went forward.

Forgot that the game will be at Molineux tomorrow and not Wembley, and only a few thousand screaming kids will be allowed inside the stadium. Kinda spoils the game to an extent.

Forgot that the game will be at Molineux tomorrow and not Wembley, and only a few thousand screaming kids will be allowed inside the stadium. Kinda spoils the game to an extent.

The atmos will be better, not worse......

Wembley sucks up noise and atmos + a rare fixture further north means it will be more eagerly received by the attendees.

Sterling and Saka were both poor yesterday, the press from the front was done by Kane alone at some points, both of them had a "lazy" game as far as I am concerned

I'll give Saka a bit of a pass because I legitimately think he's shattered. Was asked to do far too much at Woolwich last season for a player of his age and ended up limping towards the finish line. Sterling has less excuse but did seem to pull up with an injury at some point? Maybe not playing at 100%, I dunno.

The atmos will be better, not worse......

Wembley sucks up noise and atmos + a rare fixture further north means it will be more eagerly received by the attendees.

Maybe against Hungary, but not with just 3000 kids inside Molineux tomorrow.

I'll give Saka a bit of a pass because I legitimately think he's shattered. Was asked to do far too much at Woolwich last season for a player of his age and ended up limping towards the finish line. Sterling has less excuse but did seem to pull up with an injury at some point? Maybe not playing at 100%, I dunno.

Sterling has it in him to have a bad game every so often and he had one against Germany. He was more of a threat in the last part of the game when England played better. Saka just didn't get the ball enough and when he did he generally lost it, but still came as close to anyone as scoring in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom