England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Banger tweet.

It's the curse of Jose ball that has infected modern football. The double pivot low-block bullshit is the most depressing aspect of the game now. As is the cursed holding midfielder role which is usually given to either one or both of your pivots. Southgate is just too stupid to see beyond it.

GettyImages-1233529507.jpg

The winners of tonight's game do a lap of honour at Wembley to celebrate their 0-0 victory and their bottom of the group place.

Championes, championes, Ole, Ole, Ole
I thought we were a pub team

I said after the Croatia game I was surprised by the plaudits Phillips was getting, I don't dislike him, he's a tidy little fucker, but in the role he was given as a kind of hybrid 8, he didn't really get on the ball and help progress/transition it enough, take enough risks, the goal being the one very glaring exception, and I thought the same tonight, another game where England create fuck all with the same tactical set up against a vastly inferior Scotland. That midfield doesn't get the ball to the forwards/FB's quick or incisively enough, often enough.

You could take out Rice and play Phillips as the 6 maybe, but either way, play two more "progressive" 8's either side and get a bit more football out of that midfield, especially against the shit kickers.

There is enough talent in this England squad to go far in a tournament, and they could grind it out quite far, but be nice to see and England team with this talent actually do something more than "grind".

It's the curse of Jose ball that has infected modern football. The double pivot low-block bullshit is the most depressing aspect of the game now. As is the cursed holding midfielder role which is usually given to either one or both of your pivots. Southgate is just too stupid to see beyond it.

My 13 yr old said same , it’s like watching Jose at Spurs, amazing really cos he is usually as thick as shit

I would honestly sack Southgate now. What a timid boring cunt. That was pathetic. Makes an incredible forward line look like a bunch of marshmallows. Fuck him. All he cares about is the Nobel peace prize. Fuck off. Play some fucking football and attack!

:harrysmile:
You just came up against a defence you couldn't break down and a midfield that out played you in every respect. You're fortunate Lyndon Dykes isn't a professional footballer

In all seriousness, I'm not an England fan, but why is the moron still sticking to a 4-2-3-1? If he could play 4-3-3 with Rice-Bellingham-Mount and Grealish-Foden/Sancho on the wings, England would blow teams out of the water. Southgate is actually a pathetic excuse of a manager. He thinks he's Fernando Santos that took Portugal to a Euro only by drawing games.

I think Maguire will start next week but it won't be because of Mings not performing. As long as Mings sticks to what he's good at and doesn't try to bring the ball out of defence there's not a lot in it between the two of them anyway, in my opinion.

Maguire having to play the rust off worries the hell out of me tbh.

I said after the Croatia game I was surprised by the plaudits Phillips was getting, I don't dislike him, he's a tidy little fucker, but in the role he was given as a kind of hybrid 8, he didn't really get on the ball and help progress/transition it enough, take enough risks, the goal being the one very glaring exception, and I thought the same tonight, another game where England create fuck all with the same tactical set up against a vastly inferior Scotland. That midfield doesn't get the ball to the forwards/FB's quick or incisively enough, often enough.

You could take out Rice and play Phillips as the 6 maybe, but either way, play two more "progressive" 8's either side and get a bit more football out of that midfield, especially against the shit kickers.

There is enough talent in this England squad to go far in a tournament, and they could grind it out quite far, but be nice to see and England team with this talent actually do something more than "grind".
If England win the group it is most likely Portugal in the round of 16, and that is goodnight Irene.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United)

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham)

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Woolwich), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

It’s not hard is it

Pickford
Trippier — Stones —- Mings —-Walker
Foden —— Mount —- Phillips —— Sancho
———— Grelish ——— Kane———

work that out 442 , 4321 or whatever , who goes where . It wins

awaits pelters

What I want to know is why one of the best young talents in world football, Sancho, has yet to have a kick for a side that's currently struggling to create? Why is Bellingham not at least being brought on as a sub considering he has more natural talent than the likes of Rice and Phillips combined?

Back
Top Bottom