England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like to see a few changes. I'd be happy to see James and either Shaw or Chilwell start. And perhaps Grealish over Foden for this game. I think Rashford and Sterling will start though.

Would like to see Grealish at 10 or in off the left against Scotland.

I'd like to see a few changes. I'd be happy to see James and either Shaw or Chilwell start. And perhaps Grealish over Foden for this game. I think Rashford and Sterling will start though.
Don't disagree with you at all, but for what it's worth, some pundit (in or around the England camp) on TV today said Southgate will use different tactics against Scotland but 'not necessarily different personnel'.

Don't disagree with you at all, but for what it's worth, some pundit (in or around the England camp) on TV today said Southgate will use different tactics against Scotland but 'not necessarily different personnel'.

Well the 11 that played against Croatia did well enough so I wouldn't complain if it's the same 11. I think it's madness to play Trippier at left-back though when you have two fantastic left-backs that play there naturally, and I'm a big fan of James so want to see him play.

Scotland will be extremely physical which is why I opted for Grealish ahead of Foden, as I feel he's the stronger of the two.

I think it will either finish 4 or 5 nil to England or the Scots will collectively produce the performance of a lifetime but lose to a last minute/injury time penalty or OG.

I think it will either finish 4 or 5 nil to England or the Scots will collectively produce the performance of a lifetime but lose to a last minute/injury time penalty or OG.

England should be a few goals better but they always give England a game, and have done since I can remember, even when they are really shit.

I see something like a 2-1 win for England, but wouldn't be surprised at all really if Scotland came and got a point.

Well the 11 that played against Croatia did well enough so I wouldn't complain if it's the same 11. I think it's madness to play Trippier at left-back though when you have two fantastic left-backs that play there naturally, and I'm a big fan of James so want to see him play.

Scotland will be extremely physical which is why I opted for Grealish ahead of Foden, as I feel he's the stronger of the two.
I'd love to see Grealish playing too.

Difficult to call this.

Man for man England should win - but the Scotland team will be more than pumped for this as, if it wasn't before, it is certainly their cup final - if they lose they're pretty much out.

A draw still keeps them (just) in the competition no matter what.

We'll see whether they go for it, or whether the fear of a loss will hold them back.

A win for Scotland and Croatia would see everyone on 3 pts going into the final game!

I think Scotland played pretty much as well as they can yesterday, but still lost comfortably to a mediocre team at home

There is only so much ‘being pumped’ for a game can do for you, I see England beating them very comfortably and if an early goal goes in it could get really hard to watch for the Jocks

Scotland will put everything into this game. They’re the Wet Spam of European international teams. Getting a point off us would make their campaign.

Yeah I agreed with that up until yesterday but they were poor. Obviously they will go up a level Friday but if we lose to them it will be embarrassing. I watched the game in an airport in Scotland yesterday actually while waiting to depart. The bar was utter silence when both goals went in. You could hear a pin drop. It was quite amusing. But I wouldn’t be surprised of any result on Friday.

Sky Sports News have a big clock showing a countdown to the game. Which is three and a bit days away. And they can't show the game.

Sorry, totally irrelevant. It is my foolish attempt at winding some Scots up. The KKK was founded by Scottish settlers.
Ok...
Not that funny tbh in a racially charged world where black players are sent monkey emojis.
Don't find it funny and so I'll put you on ignore to save me losing my cool.
See ya

I think Scotland played pretty much as well as they can yesterday, but still lost comfortably to a mediocre team at home

There is only so much ‘being pumped’ for a game can do for you, I see England beating them very comfortably and if an early goal goes in it could get really hard to watch for the Jocks
Mediocre team that beat england in these qualifiers albeit a while ago now

Back
Top Bottom