England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's going to be open season on Kane........ Media will make him the scapegoat......

Pundits are already getting stuck in
He played shit but it's ridiculous, Sky Sports couldn't wait to get their player rating up and gave Kane a 3, they didn't even spell check the article before they posted it.

Second lowest rated player was a 5, every pundit and talking head is putting the blame on him.

Trippier's forward passing a big miss when you have both Rice and Phillips on the field. Very passive midfield in possession, barely a decisive pass forward between them tonight. Bellingham surely should have had a look in? They gave Scotland an age to find their shape. Wing backs didn't get forward much either, very disappointing performance given the squad at Southgate's disposal.

Pickford was excellent to be fair, and I thought Foden did okay.

Kane was poor today but no one else was any better ! That makes me think it’s the system , I said this after the world cup that we were shut under Southgate and just got a lucky draw and beat by the first decent team , same will happen here ! Football is not coming home

You never take him off because he is someone who can score at any moment of the game.
I disagree. You can tell with Kane when he's going to have a stinker. 60 minutes in if he's not looking like himself, he's done for. He's not going to suddenly show up and score.

He's had late goals for us but usually those games he's been close to scoring and it just wasn't coming until late.

Trippier's forward passing a big miss when you have both Rice and Phillips on the field. Very passive midfield in possession, barely a decisive pass forward between them tonight. Bellingham surely should have had a look in? They gave Scotland an age to find their shape. Wing backs didn't get forward much either, very disappointing performance given the squad at Southgate's disposal.

Pickford was excellent to be fair, and I thought Foden did okay.
Trippier's passing is always overlooked. Just not enough ball progression in the side. Bring in Sancho and Bellingham and it will be fine.

I disagree. You can tell with Kane when he's going to have a stinker. 60 minutes in if he's not looking like himself, he's done for. He's not going to suddenly show up and score.

He's had late goals for us but usually those games he's been close to scoring and it just wasn't coming until late.
How many times has he had a "stinker" for us? He has been the most consistent player at the club for years.

Kane was far from great but he really wasn't as bad as people are making out. When he drops deep some people moan that he should be in the box, and when he doesn't drop deep the same people moan that he's not influencing the game at all. He's not quite at it but at the end of the day, we're not creating chances for him. Simple as that. He had two half chanced today at best.

Back
Top Bottom