England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why was every pundit laying into Kane? It's not like anyone got him the ball. He actually created one of the only few chances England had by playing a nice ball across the box. He wasn't good, but a striker can only be as good as the service provided and it was non existent.
Herd mentality combined with lack of imagination.

Selecting two DM's and having no-one to connect the midfield to the attack is bad.
Bringing off Foden, bad.

I've seen nothing from Southgate that gives me any confidence in his ability. The guy has probably the best attacking talent in depth in the competition and he can find 1 goal in two games.

Mount was occupying a ton of the exact same spaces that Graelish operates in. Yes he plays in a different position than Sancho, but choosing Mount means you're opting for a particular attacking structure which means you can't play other players.

He's just not better than other players he's being selected over.
I'd drop him back to play alongside Rice. Then play Grealish in advance of them. Mount can play a more defensive role, he's done it for Chelsea. I like Phillips but him and Rice together is more a tactic that stops the opposition rather than one that allows us to attack them.

But Southgate is from the Mourinho/Benitez school of defensive first, low-block, anti-football so it's unlikely we'll see much change.

Well I'm trying to be as positive as possible but after being hyped all week, this evening was shit. I woke up with a migraine so should have knock today was going to ultimately be a bit wank.

Luckily Tuesday's game will come around quickly. Not so lucky for us, Southgate will still be in charge and will still keep our players on a leash.

Don't expect Southgate to change anything.

He'll have a ring binder completely full of reasons why he should pick the shite team he picks and he'll have been working on it for months....

He's not changing it for anyone....... I mean FFS.... He took off Foden!!! The only real threat we had in the field.

As soon as we face a big team we'll sit back even further; playing both Sterling AND Rashford in the name of #paceywingazzz and the (ahem) game-'changing' subs will be Kane for Calvert Lewin and a dose of Hendo.

As soon as we face a big team we'll sit back even further; playing both Sterling AND Rashford in the name of #paceywingazzz and the (ahem) game-'changing' subs will be Kane for Calvert Lewin and a dose of Hendo.
Then we get knocked out at the earliest opportunity and Southgate keeps his job and takes us to the next world cup with the exact same boring shitty tactics....

Rinse and repeat.

Just look to Mancini and Italy to see what can actually be done

I bet Southgate is ruing not picking Dier so he could slot him into a midfield three of Rice, Dier and Phillips.

I don't understand why why you are so bitter towards Scotland. Look at their players, Ive never heard of half of them and yet they have done to Wembley and nicked a point. They have every right to be jubilant and still have a slim chance of qualifying from the group. The Scots hate the English, we are not bothered by them, of course they are cocky tonight. No big deal.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is.
Getting outplayed by the international equivalent of a mid table League 2 team seems to have really rattled him.

Then we get knocked out at the earliest opportunity and Southgate keeps his job and takes us to the next world cup with the exact same boring shitty tactics....

Rinse and repeat.

Just look to Mancini and Italy to see what can actually be done

He's already been told the WC22 job is in the bag.

Classic FA... Take away the pressure to acheive on the eve of a tournament.

Think Scotland played well tonight. Probably the better side on the night. We actually played pretty well on Monday too but were error prone at horrible times. We seemed to clean that up tonight.

We've created plenty over the two games but just don't have a goalscorer and that's not going to change, obviously, before Tuesday. Just have to hope that a good chance will fall to the right player against the Croats.

Think Scotland played well tonight. Probably the better side on the night. We actually played pretty well on Monday too but were error prone at horrible times. We seemed to clean that up tonight.

We've created plenty over the two games but just don't have a goalscorer and that's not going to change, obviously, before Tuesday. Just have to hope that a good chance will fall to the right player against the Croats.

Don't think either deserved to win it, or lose it, but as the away side I suppose if you had to make a case for one winning it, it would be Scotland.

Playing well in a game where there's no real expectation and the pressure is largely all on the opposition is quite different to what you'll face next week at home to a struggling Croatia side though. Very different in fact.

What does it say, come on, do explain.

It say's that you should believe in yourselves a little more. England won't play as poor as that this tournament, yet you seem to be over the moon with a point. If you don't beat Croatia, you're out, and as much as Croatia are struggling to score goals they certainly have enough about them to take points off you. That game has 0-0 written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom