England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't understand why why you are so bitter towards Scotland. Look at their players, Ive never heard of half of them and yet they have done to Wembley and nicked a point. They have every right to be jubilant and still have a slim chance of qualifying from the group. The Scots hate the English, we are not bothered by them, of course they are cocky tonight. No big deal.
We don't, as a rule. We dislike your football team quite a bit though 😜

I thought Ian Wright was the only one who spoke fairly about the game. Like me, he didn't understand the substitutions, the lack of creativity in midfield, and no service to Kane.
My recollection of England performances in tournaments is that performances in the group stages are usually pretty mediocre and if they move onto the knockouts, then it comes together for a better showing. However, not sure that this is going to happen, this time around. Southgate doesn't seem to have a clue on how to get the best out of his squad or is flexible in changing things around.
Finishing second in the group would not be a disaster, in fact, it would be a blessing.

It say's that you should believe in yourselves a little more. England won't play as poor as that this tournament, yet you seem to be over the moon with a point. If you don't beat Croatia, you're out, and as much as Croatia are struggling to score goals they certainly have enough about them to take points off you. That game has 0-0 written all over it.
The key tonight to keep any hope of going through was not to lose. Let us be honest about that. But let us be clear here, that it was pretty obvious we didn't just turn up to scrape a point. We executed a game plan very well, against the best team in the group to ensure we live another day. Whether we can finish the job on Tuesday remains to be seen but at least we've given ourselves a chance.

Just turned on Crouchys show on BBC and all I heard was Maya Jama telling Crouchy to put his fingers in and go deep and then the singer Ann Marie telling him to use his tongue :sonhmm:

The thing is, if you don't beat Czech, what kind of message that sends to fans and the public? I can't see the world where England calculates with result when you played average over two fixtures.

The key tonight to keep any hope of going through was not to lose. Let us be honest about that. But let us be clear here, that it was pretty obvious we didn't just turn up to scrape a point. We executed a game plan very well, against the best team in the group to ensure we live another day. Whether we can finish the job on Tuesday remains to be seen but at least we've given ourselves a chance.

I just see it as a missed opportunity for your lot. Sure, it's still in your hands. But coming to Wembley where your largely expected to get beat rather comfortably and playing at home in a game you need to win where you'll now be expected to, to an extent all things considered, that's a difficult ask. Pressure and expectation does funny things to teams sometimes and it clearly effected England this evening, taking nothing away from Scotland.

I'm not saying anyone Scottish should be sad tonight. A deserved point and a good performance is a good evening's work. But to actually celebrate it in the way that I've seen, I just found that a little strange considering how inept England were.

Tonight again confirmed why England won't win a major tournament.

We'll get through the group then most likely lose in the knockout rounds.

It's just the same old.

Like supporting Spurs 😆

The thing is, if you don't beat Czech, what kind of message that sends to fans and the public? I can't see the world where England calculates with result when you played average over two fixtures.

Take some comfort in the fact that the last time we played them at home, we won 5-0.

Not saying it will be the same result. But I think Southgate and the players know that they owe us a performance now, and I expect a reaction on Tuesday.

What I want to know is why one of the best young talents in world football, Sancho, has yet to have a kick for a side that's currently struggling to create? Why is Bellingham not at least being brought on as a sub considering he has more natural talent than the likes of Rice and Phillips combined?
Completely agree.

Sancho and Bellingham should be playing or at least considered as a sub.

Southgate though doesn't seem to want to pick the ones with an attitude i.e Sancho and Grealish.

Whats the point of including Bellingham, who was playing well in the Champs League for Dortmund and give him 10mins against Croatia.

Instead Southgate continuously plays Sterling and Rashford.

Rice is about as useful as a wet fart

Congrats to Scotland, they played well and got what they deserved

I always think he's really good for West Ham generally. He actually moves with the ball at times. For England he plays it far too safe and simple. Does his job but offers no more than that. He looks far classier in a West Ham shirt.

Fuck Southgate, such a turd. His head should be gone after the tournament. The English team got so much potential, but he actually played for a draw by being so conservative against a Scottish team that should be fairly easy to break down.

This English team got so much strengths to be utilised if its used properly. Any decent manager would see that.

Back
Top Bottom