England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it’s safe to say that Tyler fella over reacted
Homer Simpson Beer GIF by The Taboo Group

We've all been there

Fuck me, just realised we haven't even used Foden and Grealish.

Attacking wise, this is one of the better England squads i can recall. Even the so called golden generations had to make up the numbers with a Vassell or a Sinclair. This squad up front is stacked. All we're really lacking is a decent backup for Kane because DCL isn't really in the same class as him.

I think the experience of three years ago has helped the players and manager.

They go into this game as favourites but aware that they can't allow that to distract them and not think too far ahead.

One game at a time chaps, one game at a time.

Ukraine went through on goal difference as the worst 3rd place team to make it. Then they had to fight hard in a grueling extra time game where they picked up injuries to key players.
You can see where he is coming from.
It's a one off knockout game - you don't get a second chance if you cock it up.

History is littered with games where the seemingly underdog has knocked out the supposed sure thing.

Play your best team from now on is 100 percent the best play.

But he's playing for England? So you're not celebrating England goals scored by Kane?

As I said earlier... weird.
I think I know where he's coming from. I'm getting to the stage where I celebrate Kane's goals as any other scorer for England, but the extra 'buzz' (for want of a better word) is missing. H might not be going anywhere in the summer, and no-one would be more delighted than me, but I feel he has already said his goodbyes, and I can't help feeling differently towards him. Spurs first and foremost for me.

I’d be surprised if Kane does leave us this summer. Also, H has been at the club for 17 years. He’s world class. He loves the club. I love seeing him do well for England. If he does move on from us, you have to understand and accept it from his perspective. The shambles we’ve been is on Levy. Harry will always be Spurs. He’s one of our own and I’ll always be proud for him. Great to see him growing in this tournament. Up The Spurs and Come on England!

Back
Top Bottom