England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be Foden for Saka.

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw

Henderson/Rice
Phillips/Henderson
Mount

Foden
Sterling
Kane

Maybe Grealish and not Foden but I think Southgate sees Jack as his first go to sub ahead of Rashford.
Bringing a fresh Grealish on against tired opposition seems like Southgate’s go to sub. It’s working so far, so it would be surprising if he changes his approach too much.

Bringing a fresh Grealish on against tired opposition seems like Southgate’s go to sub. It’s working so far, so it would be surprising if he changes his approach too much.

I think Foden will start ahead of Saka. If we go all the way, at some point Foden will make a big impact. This could be the game.

Zinchenko is a threat for them with his pace and energy. Luckily for us, he'll be coming up against Kyle Walker or Reece James. Both can handle him, especially Kyle. For all his faults, Walker comes second best to nobody for those two things combined.

I think Foden will start ahead of Saka. If we go all the way, at some point Foden will make a big impact. This could be the game.
He's only young but he kind of blew it tonight after a great start.
But there are a lot of great guys who can replace him.

He's only young but he kind of blew it tonight after a great start.
But there are a lot of great guys who can replace him.

I thought he was quite bright in the first half, granted I couldn't concentrate fully as I was also in a phone call. I think he's a talented and intelligent (on the pitch) kid but would start Foden and Grealish over him every time.

Bullshit! You're clueless. Kane clearly does not have the fitness to play seven games in such a short period of time. Why do you think we have a squaaaaaad!

England aren't dropping Kane full stop. If he gets knackered they'll bring him off in the second half of games, but there's no way he's not starting if he's fit. The Ukraine game will be a good opportunity for him to find his better form now that he has the confidence a goal will bring.

England should beat Ukraine but the latter aren't mugs. You don't drop important players in Quarter-finals regardless of who you're playing just to give them a rest. That's the kind of complacency that loses you games you should win.

Indeed. One word: Iceland

This England team is nowhere near as stupid as that England team was under Hodgson. Have a much better mentality and team spirit. England lost that game because they thought it was won before a ball was kicked, but were soon surprised by how tenacious and organized Iceland actually were. And then spent most of the game in a haze not knowing what to do.

But in football just about anything can happen.

Bullshit! You're clueless. Kane clearly does not have the fitness to play seven games in such a short period of time. Why do you think we have a squaaaaaad!
Oh sorry I didn’t realize it was you , you say anything to look for an argument. Yup , you’re right , brilliant post . Well done

I'd be tempted to rest Kane for this one. Why not? Who is the reserve striker?
Calvert-Lewin. He won't let us down.
Confused Confusion GIF by Megan Batoon

Yep good point but I can see Southgate resting Saka and as pointed out resting one of the two midfielders who are on a yellow card.

So far so good and yesterday was a very solid and string performance.

Southgate talks well and the team seem so very much together. I love that Pickford howls at players and that Phillips and Rice provide real bite.

For me Sterling has been top drawer but this is a team.

My outside bet remains the Czech Republic and Denmark purely on sentimental and what a story grounds. Think Italy will be very tough if we meet them.

But nobody to fear and building momentum nicely.

I think we will go 3 at the back again. Playing a back 4, we did give up a few chances v Scotland, look way more solid with the back 3 I think. I'd pick the same team but bring in Grealish for Saka. Grealish seems to open things up for Kane. Sterling provides the pace and is finding the net.

Back
Top Bottom