England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ukraine are anything but a walk over and this match won't be easy at all, we are rightly favourites, but if we underestimate them we will go out.
Agree with that and I don’t believe Gary will underestimate them but he will probably go the other way and be ultra cautious when we should attack the fuckers

its wrong of me to want England to be knocked out so Harry can hurry up with his negotiations? (ps I'm just joking)

They'll def. put up a fight and are good for a goal or two..... An upset isn't out of the question.

Good thing is I don't think our lads are the type to take a team lightly.
Everybody ups their game by 10 percent when they play us...... Despite our complete lack of any kind of success we're still seen as a bit of a scalp.

Everybody ups their game by 10 percent when they play us...... Despite our complete lack of any kind of success we're still seen as a bit of a scalp.
Do they tho? Or is this something we like to believe so when we are shite and get knocked out we can use it as an excuse?
Didn't see Croatia raise their game by 10 percent.
Didn't see Scotland raise their game by 10 percen.
Didn't see Czech Republic raise their game by 10 percent.
Didn't see Germany raise their game by 10 percent.
So.....

Do they tho? Or is this something we like to believe so when we are shite and get knocked out we can use it as an excuse?
So.....
You didn't see Scotland raise their game by 10 percent?

Look back on past tournaments, not just this one where we're playing well.

I think the experience of three years ago has helped the players and manager.

They go into this game as favourites but aware that they can't allow that to distract them and not think too far ahead.

One game at a time chaps, one game at a time.

So.....
You thought our CL run was brought about through defensive solidity though.

So it's fair to say, what you see on a football field is different to most.

You didn't see Scotland raise their game by 10 percent?

Look back on past tournaments, not just this one where we're playing well.
No mate. Not really. They huffed and puffed but I didn't really see it...
I concede they may have but didn't see the other teams do it.
Your reply also seems contradictory? You say look back at other tournaments, not just this one where we are playing well, which implies that we didn't play well at others so therefore did other teams rise themselves by 10 percent or were we 10 percent worse?

No mate. Not really. They huffed and puffed but I didn't really see it...
I concede they may have but didn't see the other teams do it.
Your reply also seems contradictory? You say look back at other tournaments, not just this one where we are playing well, which implies that we didn't play well at others so therefore did other teams rise themselves by 10 percent or were we 10 percent worse?
It is possible to play not as well AND have the opposition up their game by 10 percent......

Its not one or the other.

Its also possible to play well in addition to opposition upping their game by 10 percent.

If you didn't think Scotland uppped their game against us and fought tooth and nail for every ball, then fair enough. It looked like the did to me.

Back
Top Bottom