England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

E5ZphEIVgAEclK4
Wtf?

Astonishing England, absolutely loved that.

Christ knows Southgate gets bucket loads of dogshit on him all the time on here, but I love the bloke, he's an outstanding national manager, and even more so, a tournament manager. Well, him and his team, obviously. For every "boring", there's a "careful". For every "Why doesn't he play...." there's a calculated reason why he'll introduce said player and take the other off. He deserves so much more credit than the idiotic ridicule he gets here and elsewhere.. I said it a few years ago, our best manager since Venables, he may even go further than that.

God knows, I don't want to jinx things, but there's a whiff of Ramsey about him (who, let's not forget, was loathed at the time)

I think we'll make the final. But then Italy or Spain is a much harder test than any team we've faced in this tournament so far. We'll be the underdogs in that one.

Disagree, that's your history brain speaking.

We gonna beat them all. Listen to Gareth now. We got this.
I prefer being underdogs, but let's not get ahead of ourselves - Denmark are not going to be pushovers.

I was still bricking it at 60 minutes expecting something to go horribly wrong..... I'm just too Spurs. :levywtf:

I've gone zen on England and 50% Spurs.

Cried when that young Londoner won at Wimbledon earlier though, so maybe I'm suppressing my footi emotions and they're manifesting elsewhere!

We are huge favourite Vs the Danes, at home.

Gonna smash them very similar to tonight.
Not the most popular view I know, and apologies all round, but I was hoping the Czech's won this afternoon. We need to put this "fairytale", "everyone's second team" thing to bed. Coldly, clinically, Harry hat trick stylee.

I don't give a gnat's twat about them being "everyone's second team", they're not my first team.

Not the most popular view I know, and apologies all round, but I was hoping the Czech's won this afternoon. We need to put this "fairytale", "everyone's second team" thing to bed. Coldly, clinically, Harry hat trick stylee.

I don't give a gnat's twat about them being "everyone's second team", they're not my first team.
Agree, though if you added Schick to the Danes they'd be a real threat.

Just can't see Denmark being in it by 60mins, we are bullies when we are not technically/structurally bettered, this tourni has shown the young players who won Youth World Cups etc are ready to lay that assuredness and youthful flourish into this team.

Love it.

How could you disagree Spider? I prefaced it all with apologies to those who are supporting Denmark, and the fairest of fair play to them, I'm talking as an England fan.

Just as it would be if Spurs were playing ""everyone's second team" in the FA Cup, I dunno, Fulham say. I'd be hoping we spanked them.

See also: Leicester a few years back. The whole world wanted them to win the league, and fair enough - my mum was from Leicester, my uncle took me to Filbert Street, in any other circumstance I'd have been hugely pro-Leicester. But I wasn't, obviously

How could you disagree Spider? I prefaced it all with apologies to those who are supporting Denmark, and the fairest of fair play to them, I'm talking as an England fan.

Just as it would be if Spurs were playing ""everyone's second team" in the FA Cup, I dunno, Fulham say. I'd be hoping we spanked them.

See also: Leicester a few years back. The whole world wanted them to win the league, and fair enough - my mum was from Leicester, my uncle took me to Filbert Street, in any other circumstance I'd have been hugely pro-Leicester. But I wasn't, obviously
changed, was on the phone

Back
Top Bottom