England's best 11 right now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure.... But again; can't pick what you haven't got.

Yep, but it's why we fell short at the Euros imo. That game was crying out for someone with that kind of experience after we went 1-0 up, but Italy just managed the game better from there and scored a scrappy goal.

Although saying that, we've got a good few players who have been to a few tournaments now, and we do seem to improve at each one. If Maguire keeps up this club form though we're going to have a big issue at CB.

Yep, but it's why we fell short at the Euros imo. That game was crying out for someone with that kind of experience after we went 1-0 up, but Italy just managed the game better from there and scored a scrappy goal.

Although saying that, we've got a good few players who have been to a few tournaments now, and we do seem to improve at each one. If Maguire keeps up this club form though we're going to have a big issue at CB.

Tomori looks great for Milan and I think he'll be a regular fixture in the defence down the line. Either him or White alongside Stones. I'd be happy with either. There's also Joe Gomez too who's a good defender if he can keep himself fit. Our centre-back options aren't as bad as some people make out.

Tomori looks great for Milan and I think he'll be a regular fixture in the defence down the line. Either him or White alongside Stones. I'd be happy with either. There's also Joe Gomez too who's a good defender if he can keep himself fit. Our centre-back options aren't as bad as some people make out.

They’re solid but unremarkable IMO. Unless Tomori really comes through, it’s a position where a really experienced, bonafide top player makes a huge difference in a tournament.

Bonucci/Chiellini were absolute gold for Italy despite being past their best. Too canny for most teams, that foul by Chiellini on Saka sums it up.

I think management cost us for the best part... Better team for 35mins+. Still ahead at 67m,

A pro-active manager could have made the necessary tweaks, but instead Gary was reactive; and particularly slow to react at that.

......Yes we did gradually disappear into our shell. The right tweaks and HT-talk could have addressed that though.

They’re solid but unremarkable IMO. Unless Tomori really comes through, it’s a position where a really experienced, bonafide top player makes a huge difference in a tournament.

Bonucci/Chiellini were absolute gold for Italy despite being past their best. Too canny for most teams, that foul by Chiellini on Saka sums it up.

That was disgusting.

I'll argue till I'm blue in the face that that should have been a red for dangerous play (a grab at neck level, at pace is literally more dangerous than any tackle.... No attempt to play the ball.).

That was disgusting.

I'll argue till I'm blue in the face that that should have been a red for dangerous play (a grab at neck level, at pace is literally more dangerous than any tackle.... No attempt to play the ball.).

It was brilliant imo. That’s a top, experienced cb doing what he has to do. Don’t think it’s a red by the rules, although yeah .. maybe they need to change them.

But it’s exactly what I’d want one of our defenders to do in the same situation. It’s a cup final. Do what you have to.

I think management cost us for the best part... Better team for 35mins+. Still ahead at 67m,

A pro-active manager could have made the necessary tweaks, but instead Gary was reactive; and particularly slow to react at that.

......Yes we did gradually disappear into our shell. The right tweaks and HT-talk could have addressed that though.

Yeah we didn’t manage the game well. You could see us drop deeper and deeper and surrender the game to Italy, Verratti especially was allowed to control the game. Obviously they had quality in that area so tough to contend with, but we really did surrender momentum.

It was brilliant imo. That’s a top, experienced cb doing what he has to do. Don’t think it’s a red by the rules, although yeah .. maybe they need to change them.

But it’s exactly what I’d want one of our defenders to do in the same situation. It’s a cup final. Do what you have to.

This is my point though, I think there's absolute scope in the rules to call that a red.... Takes a brave ref though; granted.

Chop a player down late with studs up? Red.

vs

Risk breaking the kids neck with no attempt to with the ball? Not dangerous, reckless, cynical yadda yadda?

Bullshit.

Do what you gotta do; sure, but without suitable punishment it makes a mockery of the sport.

Yeah we didn’t manage the game well. You could see us drop deeper and deeper and surrender the game to Italy, Verratti especially was allowed to control the game. Obviously they had quality in that area so tough to contend with, but we really did surrender momentum.

Kills me to look back... Our energy and movement had them rocking. :(

You HAVE to find a way to play Trent imo. He's Liverpool's creative fulcrum, Klopp has practically built that team around his ability to create chances. Best crosser in world football, brilliant set piece taker, fantastic passer of the ball. He's easily one of England's best three players.

Whether that means going 5 at the back with Walker or James at RCB to cover for Trent playing wing back, or playing the right midfield combo to cover for Trent's defensive weaknesses, you have to do it. A top manager would find a way to get him in there. He's the best right back in the world.

Agree in essence, both are looking world class RB/RWB's.

Could see an argument to play:

Pickford
James------Stones-----McGuire----Chillwell
Rice
Trent---------Bellingham
Foden-----------Kane-------------Sterling
Current form, in terms of players through the team producing (except Kane and Sterling, who have/are for England). Just think most teams come soo scared of our potential right now, we should be looking at the best ways of loading the pitch with that potential they are shit scared of!!! Play Trent/Bellingham as inside RWB/RWF and LWB/LWF in mentality, then DM's out of possession, their teams play in press, so would be excellent to have those two bouncing into the press (athletic youngsters).

WTF is it with Chelsea at the moment, seem to be able to fart reserves into the England team.

Arneson is to blame, and oligarchs.

Back
Top Bottom