English league clubs that you like

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legacy Lilywhite

Supporter
Up The Spurs! 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇺🇸🇮🇱🇺🇦
In the spirit of Christmas and good things to all men, what - if any - other English league clubs do people actually like… or dislike the least?

Some I can think of:

Everton (long suffering with many twattish neighbours - a bit like us)
Brighton (although have got a bit cocky recently)
Crawley (barely a league outfit in fairness)
Fulham, Orient and Brentford (harmless London teams and a good away day).

Everton - a north version of us, annoying neighbours including reds (Liverpool and Woolwich) and money bag clubs (Chelsea and City) beset by unluck and poor direction only worse in Everton’s case and with a big history but an average present (again Everton much worse than us). Things looking up for us though, Everton must be Depressing right now.

Dagenham and Redbridge - my local growing up.

Fulham - lovely little ground and most fans ok.

Wimbledon - rebuilt their club from the ground up, very impressive.

Everton - a north version of us, annoying neighbours including reds (Liverpool and Woolwich) and money bag clubs (Chelsea and City) beset by unluck and poor direction only worse in Everton’s case and with a big history but an average present (again Everton much worse than us). Things looking up for us though, Everton must be Depressing right now.

Dagenham and Redbridge - my local growing up.

Fulham - lovely little ground and most fans ok.

Wimbledon - rebuilt their club from the ground up, very impressive.
With you on almost all of that. But the way AFC W worked with Chelsea to kill off Kingstonian and trash local non league in my area can’t be forgotten.

Didn’t know about that go on?
Short version…

Kingstonian let them groundshare at their place. AFC grew and eventually took over the ground. Then they sold it to Chavs for their Women’s team and now Kingstonian are homeless.

Everton for the reasons stated above. Don't particularly like them as such but they are far less detestable them many other clubs.

QPR as most of my Dads side of the family support them. Again, won't say I like them but they are inoffensive and hate Chelsea.

The Os only by chance when a kid watched a programme (drama) bout a guy who came back from the war and had played for them he mentioned them and it kinda stuck did a bit of research few years later and any time something comes up like “favourite other clubs” then it’s them+ Laurie Cunningham came through went to Madrid obviously Justin Edinburgh kinda cemented the deal……non English Hearts (Dave MacKay) Celtic & Rangers dominating the game is not good for anyone, except them obviously

The Os only by chance when a kid watched a programme (drama) bout a guy who came back from the war and had played for them he mentioned them and it kinda stuck did a bit of research few years later and any time something comes up like “favourite other clubs” then it’s them+ Laurie Cunningham came through went to Madrid obviously Justin Edinburgh kinda cemented the deal……non English Hearts (Dave MacKay) Celtic & Rangers dominating the game is not good for anyone, except them obviously
It’s still a nice ground too with the old main stand, albeit somewhat shabby. And the area is good for pubs and food.

Non English, Hertha Berlin. They must be the only side based in a major European Captial who are fucking useless season after season.

Portadown. Watched them in the mid-1970s when English football hooliganism was like the soft play area by comparison.

Non English, Hertha Berlin. They must be the only side based in a major European Captial who are fucking useless season after season.

Portadown. Watched them in the mid-1970s when English football hooliganism was like the soft play area by comparison.
My mate is a season ticket holder there, he kept telling me they were going to “do bits”. Sounded like me in the 90’s watching Spurs.

In the premier league,Brentford. Dont hate Norwich either,and have time for Everton.
Stevenage in the lower leagues
And various non league teams
Scotland, i have a soft spot for the Gers,but not as much as i did.
Linfield in Belfast

Nottingham Forest for achieving the impossible with Cloughie never to be repeated

Semi final against the Dippers where they tried to kick John Robinson off the field was epic

Terrible state now and a shame Chrissie couldn’t lift them

In the spirit of Christmas and good things to all men, what - if any - other English league clubs do people actually like… or dislike the least?

Some I can think of:

Everton (long suffering with many twattish neighbours - a bit like us)
Brighton (although have got a bit cocky recently)
Crawley (barely a league outfit in fairness)
Fulham, Orient and Brentford (harmless London teams and a good away day).
Everton are Liverpool without the recent success imo. Shit fans always begging and when they get a bit of a run true colours come out.

Back
Top Bottom