English talent

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we ever had so many talented youngsters at any one time? Sure, we have a tendency to hype players too quickly. Often give them too much too soon, both in terms of praise and money. But I think the talent of some is pretty clear.

Foden, Bellingham, Greenwood, Saka, Smith Rowe, Sancho, Rice, Mount, James, Barnes, Hudson-Odoi, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Jones, Eze, Palmer, Skipp, Lamptey...

If only half of these reach something like their max potential then our national team should become a genuinely excellent side, with or without Southgate. Even Rashford is only 23 despite him seeming he's been around for a very long time.

Have we ever had so many talented youngsters at any one time? Sure, we have a tendency to hype players too quickly. Often give them too much too soon, both in terms of praise and money. But I think the talent of some is pretty clear.

Foden, Bellingham, Greenwood, Saka, Smith Rowe, Sancho, Rice, Mount, James, Barnes, Hudson-Odoi, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Jones, Eze, Palmer, Skipp, Lamptey...

If only half of these reach something like their max potential then our national team should become a genuinely excellent side, with or without Southgate. Even Rashford is only 23 despite him seeming he's been around for a very long time.
Tangana….

Where did his other g go? :dawsonlol:

I think he definitely has the potential to be a part of the squad in the future.

If he can successfully transition to CB in the longer term....

TAA & James have RB locked down once Walker bows out.

It's great. What is most exciting is a lot of these players are smart, technically gifted talents who thrive in tight spaces. We've lacked this type of player for years, as a country we usually do well producing old fashioned centre forwards, good centre backs and all action box to box types. A lot of wingers in the Lennon/Walcott mould too.

Now we seem to be producing a boatload of technicians, bodes well for the future.

Pickford

James
Stones
Tomori
Chilwell

Rice
Bellingham
Mount

Foden
Rashford
Greenwood

I love the look of that side for a few years down the line. Even the more senior players in that team will all be well under 30, other than Stones and Pickford. I think Southgate has done a great job and once he leaves the role, can lead with his head held very high. But I think we will need someone else to unlock the full potential of this team.

If he can successfully transition to CB in the longer term....

TAA & James have RB locked down once Walker bows out.

Think James Justin will challenge too. He was excellent for Leicester before injury, though he's clearly behind a few at the moment. But he has absolutely everything you would want in a full-back.

I think it's a great crop of very technically adept players. Bodes well certainly. Be nice to have a few more Spurs lads being mentioned in that bracket but i won't hold my breath for that under this regime.

I think it's a great crop of very technically adept players. Bodes well certainly. Be nice to have a few more Spurs lads being mentioned in that bracket but i won't hold my breath for that under this regime.

If he continues to improve I think Skipp could be adequate back up for Rice. He's a proper defensive mid. I don't see anyone else really for that role that stands out right now. Maybe Loftus Cheek will come back into the picture as he's doing well for Chelsea again, but he's more of a box to box player.

The RB at Southampton on loan from Chelsea looks the real deal as well, no wonder they let Lamptey go, they're stacked.

Lot of good players coming through. Hopefully Tanganga and Skipp can grow to be a part of it.

However right now Foden and Bellingham are the two outstanding potential game changers for England. You can see a team built around them.

Lot of good players coming through. Hopefully Tanganga and Skipp can grow to be a part of it.

However right now Foden and Bellingham are the two outstanding potential game changers for England. You can see a team built around them.
Agree, there’s a real mix of different types of players too….finishers, runners, ball carriers. Big nose needs to change his approach of two DM’s and put a playmaker in there to move Eng on a level IMO eg Rice and Foden

Agree, there’s a real mix of different types of players too….finishers, runners, ball carriers. Big nose needs to change his approach of two DM’s and put a playmaker in there to move Eng on a level IMO eg Rice and Foden

Still not convinced Southgate is the man to use these players, he is a good defensive coach but when you have Foden, Grealish, Bellingham etc you need to be playing to your strengths and not sure he can do that.

Back
Top Bottom