ENIC pout

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think they've taken us as far as they're willing to invest. Our transfer dealings last few years prove that further - even with record profits we're still looking to bring in cheap punts and nothing players instead of finally solidifying our position in the PL elite. If you think club success if about record profits and the occasional good game vs top teams - so be it but many fans disagree

Last straw for me was the furlough embarrassment - shameless, disgraceful and proof the club and fans will never be ahead of corporate greed and the balance sheet

Further to above - selling now would ensure amicable parting for them and fans (over an above and astronomical ROI) - leaving behind a great legacy in the form of a 6-star stadium while allowing someone more ambitious trophy-wise to come in and finally take us from a just-about nice team who play good football to a ruthless winning machine made of first-class player. And that is not just down to the manger because we've been through them 'all'.

Another great piece by Spooky - truth be told he's not advocating 'ENIC Out', in my reading of the piece, he's saying that the people talking them down don't see the context of ENIC's involvement in the club:

Then there’s the current badge of honour for the ENIC OUT brigade, comparing the past 20 years under Levy to the 20 years before. Without including any context at all. I’ve written about this before. Does it need repeating? How can you possibly compare different eras of football? How can you pretend Irving Scholar didn’t happen? The club on the brink of administration? The Sugar/Venables debacle? The hardship of playing catch-up to the ‘Top Four’? To suggest another chairman would have guided us to this point is also highly debatable. Okay, we might have won more League Cups and had days out, but come on. We gonna dance to this tune every time the football gets a little bland and the common cold comes at us tooled up with bat juice.

Further to above - selling now would ensure amicable parting for them and fans (over an above and astronomical ROI) - leaving behind a great legacy in the form of a 6-star stadium while allowing someone more ambitious trophy-wise to come in and finally take us from a just-about nice team who play good football to a ruthless winning machine made of first-class player. And that is not just down to the manger because we've been through them 'all'.
Nine of our squad were in the semi finals of the last world cup. Isn't that 'first class' enough?

Nine of our squad were in the semi finals of the last world cup. Isn't that 'first class' enough?
Do we get a trophy for that then ?

It’s also a squad that sat in 8th place after 30 odd games this season

Doesn’t scream first class to me

So... you're not first class if you get to a world cup semi final?
Is Jesse Lingard first class ? Or Phil Jones perhaps ?

Would you be happy if we sign both of them this summer as they were part of the same squad that got to a World Cup semi final ?

Back
Top Bottom