Enough Is Enough

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you talking about the Juande Ramos thing that I mentioned in my last post? If not, I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. Obviously you're a much better fan than I am.
You're saying it illegal immoral and unheard of for a club to search for a new manager behind the current ones back. Are you seriously that naive. It happens. It probably happens weekly at clubs up and down the country. I think the majority of us would be very surprised if the club hadn't already made contact with whoever our new manager is going to be. After all, this is the club that supposedly sacked a manager at half time with his replacement sitting in the stands waiting. Thats the Martin Jol reference. The club has unfortunately done far worse than asking LVG if he wants the job behind Sherwoods back.

You're saying it illegal immoral and unheard of for a club to search for a new manager behind the current ones back. Are you seriously that naive. It happens. It probably happens weekly at clubs up and down the country. I think the majority of us would be very surprised if the club hadn't already made contact with whoever our new manager is going to be. After all, this is the club that supposedly sacked a manager at half time with his replacement sitting in the stands waiting. Thats the Martin Jol reference. The club has unfortunately done far worse than asking LVG if he wants the job behind Sherwoods back.

Except I don't think Sherwood got a porsche

Hearing he's punched Dawson?

No way there's been a fight in that dressing room. I don't see anyone with the energy or anger to get riled up.

Here's what really happened - They've gone in, showered, quick spray of Lynx, then on with the Dre Beatz headphones to check out some R and B grooves on the coach home, whilst texting their supermodel/agent/mum about what they plan to buy at the jeweller's/Ferrari dealers tomorrow.

Sorry I read that someone thought it was Vert, not that it was Vert.

Sort of hoping he did punch Vert, and that Vert punched him back resulting in a double KO. With Hugo then pissing on both of them.

No I didn't. I did say that it's unethical for a Club, or business, to search for replacements behind someones back if they are still contracted to that Club/business without letting them know. I never said it has never happened or doesn't happen frequently. I said I would rather my Club didn't act like that. Call me naive all you want. Regarding the legalities of it, I said it was possible there might be some legal issues with it. When asked, I admitted I couldn't answer exactly what because I don't know the details of Sherwoods contract.

And I mentioned the Juande Ramos incident and am well aware the Club have done this before. If you weren't so concerned with being an argumentative smart ass you probably would have seen that.

No I didn't. I did say that it's unethical for a Club, or business, to search for replacements behind someones back if they are still contracted to that Club/business without letting them know. I never said it has never happened or doesn't happen frequently. I said I would rather my Club didn't act like that. Call me naive all you want. Regarding the legalities of it, I said it was possible there might be some legal issues with it. When asked, I admitted I couldn't answer exactly what because I don't know the details of Sherwoods contract.

And I mentioned the Juande Ramos incident and am well aware the Club have done this before. If you weren't so concerned with being an argumentative smart ass you probably would have seen that.
No need to get personal.
This was what you said, you didn't mention the ramos thing until your 3rd or so post on the matter.

Well I would say it would be pretty unethical for the Club to start looking and interviewing new managers while Sherwood is still under contract. If not unethical, then extremely dickish. Legally, I'm not honestly sure because I don't know the details of Sherwood's contract so I can't answer that. But I'm sure a manager search would be conducted much more efficiently if it was transparent and open and didn't involve secret meetings in hotel rooms.

That just seems very naive. You said something before that about wanting Sherwood sacked now so we can look for a new manager. Thats just nonsense, you want us to descend into absolute chaos for the last part of the season, risking a top half of the table finish, so the board can "begin the search for the new manager"
Like they haven't been doing that since before Sherwood was probably even hired. Didn't Van Gaal even so much as SAY that he'd spoken to representatives from the club?

Fact is, shady shit goes on. You can question its legality all you like, but it happens, its happening.

Back
Top Bottom