Episode 30 questions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For this topic, credit these guys: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Tottenham.html

You're right, for football it's really complex. I've done my own for Formula 1 before (and I made a few pennies that way too), but football is much much harder. Note that he has used a "weighted" method - that is to say, he takes into account that some of our remaining games are against strong clubs. But you can also run his analysis "unweighted" - click top-left on "50/50" Method, and what this tells you is that, if our remaining opponents were an average mix of Premier League clubs we would be 8% more likely to finish in the top four... In other words, we have a tough run-in.

Cheers. Thanks for the link. No one doubts our run-in, but I find it interesting that we're on target to finish between 68 and 72 points, which is historically exactly the fourth place area. So, hooray.

A Man United fan in Nottingham rang 999 last night after the part time Shit Michael Jackson impersonator was sent off, what the most criminal thing you have seen on the hallowed turf of White Hart Lane?

Back
Top Bottom