ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We turned down a young Zinedine Yazid Zidane for peanuts

hqdefault.jpg

Lev used to have hair until he found out about the Zidane fallout:

tumblr_me21xzxraT1ruyz4so2_250.gif
"Why do we need Zinadine Zidane if we have Tim Sherwood" :kaboul::kaboullol::paulinhofacepalm:

No one seems to be giving any thought (bar CJJ CJJ ) to the home grown quota that we must abide by. It's not FIFA 14 boys.

And 'what would you go for' when we crash out of Europe because we've had to play a bunch of young English kids too meet our home grown quota? Or when we tumble down the league because we've only got a squad of 17 foreigners topped up with youth team players?
Good master plan.

Fixed it, based on your transfer targets.

I am normally good humoured, however accuse me of wearing a Liverpool shirt again boy and me and you is going to have words!

:soldadowtf:

Y'know, I was hoping to contribute and mulling over the list I would sell and buy under the pretext of Poch's tactics, but unfortunately I'm afraid it would spell the doom of yet another thread by Gibbsy attacking both me and anyone who chooses to agree with any of my selections.

So I believe I shall refrain, and I look forward to reading the rest of your responses! :thumbup: Some interesting recommendations already in here.
if everyone puts the looney on ignore, then the problem will be solved

Sell as we are better off without and to get something whilst of value,
Rose
Kaboul
Townsend
Dembélé
Chadli
Livermore
Carroll
(add Dawson and Sigurdsson if replacments are purchased to fill their slots )
Don't know this lot, so by that token at the moment they have little monetary value, so need to be judged on potential
Veljkovic
Ogilvie
Ball
Pritchard
McEvoy
Dombaxe
Onomah
Winks
Coulthirst

make your own numbers up

I suppose firstly we have to look at what positions we need to cover, I would say a left back a centre back, Lallana cos he's fucking good and a striker.

For me that's shaw, caulker, Lallana and bony to buy which is about say £80-90 million for the lot. If levy is not talking bs and that's a big if we already have £50 million transfer kitty before sales so would need another £40 million.

Our squad is bloated anyway so I would sell the below to get rid of the bloated ness of our team and get some more quality in.

Livermore £5 mil
Soldado £15 mil
Dawson £4 mil
Siggy £ 10 mil
Rose £5 mil
Lennon £7 million
Kaboul £5 million
Paulinho £25 million ( only sell for a good offer)

Before anyone say I know shaw and Lallana will be difficult to get but you never know.

Id recall Benny and start with a clean slate...day one for everyone.

Dont sell anyone, this squad still needs to be used properly.

Sick of new faces.
We don't always see eye to eye but I strongly agree with you on this one. I think Rose will end up with more game time anyway though.

I suppose firstly we have to look at what positions we need to cover, I would say a left back a centre back, Lallana cos he's fucking good and a striker.

For me that's shaw, caulker, Lallana and bony to buy which is about say £80-90 million for the lot. If levy is not talking bs and that's a big if we already have £50 million transfer kitty before sales so would need another £40 million.

Our squad is bloated anyway so I would sell the below to get rid of the bloated ness of our team and get some more quality in.

Livermore £5 mil
Soldado £15 mil
Dawson £4 mil
Siggy £ 10 mil
Rose £5 mil
Lennon £7 million
Kaboul £5 million
Paulinho £25 million ( only sell for a good offer)

Before anyone say I know shaw and Lallana will be difficult to get but you never know.
tl;dr Vertonghen playing left back in the case of injury and repeating old mistakes. :adethumbup:

Good Point! So how would you generate and then spend in this scenario?

Thin the midfield out, bolster the defence slightly, consider swapping out a striker. Maybe a willing backup HG keeper.

Do I honestly think we need another midfielder or striker? No. We need defensive options, thats it. Maybe an up and coming striker to replace defoe, a defender to cover/replace dawson or kaboul, a left back, and that's it.

We don't need to spent millions every summer, the key to the success of many teams is longevity. The major backbone of City's recent success is the gelling of the players they bought 4 years ago, so I think we should only look to reinforce where necessary.

I do think that we've got too many central midfielders - work out Poch's system and thin out. Capoue is useful as a defender/DM, holtby is young and has potential, the only other ones I would say are expendable are contentious: Paulinho and Sandro. Cue gibbs attack for mentioning Paulinho, but I don't think he offers any more than the rest of them could, and is a high value asset considering that.

Our weakness last season wasn't creating chances, it was putting them away and defensive errors, so I'd want to see a defoe replacement (contradictory I know, but I like a good marquee striker signing!), a good LB, and maybe a CB.

3 players, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom