ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going by the press talk with Liverpool, that would mean Southampton accepting a £15m valuation on Townsend. What are the chances?
Agree, I personally was only valuing Townsend around 10-12 mill max. But sometimes when the selling club can instantly get a replacement, then that can sway the deal in the buying clubs favour. I think?

Agree, I personally was only valuing Townsend around 10-12 mill max. But sometimes when the selling club can instantly get a replacement, then that can sway the deal in the buying clubs favour. I think?

You make a good point, but then your choice is then to believe the media reports one way or the other, that we're either not pursuing Lallana altogether or this one, and then consider which seems the most unlikely of the two.

Im immediately skeptical about player swap/part exchange deals. They are very rare and Id imagine rather complicated.

At the moment Im inclined to think the press line on us not being in for Lallana is more likely. Especially when you consider the like of Konoplyanka out there for half the price.

IMO for us to get Lallana it will be 100% on Southamptons terms, which would likely be straight cash.

You make a good point, but then your choice is then to believe the media reports one way or the other, that we're either not pursuing Lallana altogether or this one, and then consider which seems the most unlikely of the two.
I, probably like you, take most of what I read in the tabloids with a pinch of salt. But rumours and hypothetical scenario's keep a large % (subject matter) of this forum fueled.

I,ll answer your question back-to-front, so to speak! No way would we have any realistic chance of nicking Lallana if we did not have Tino in charge.

COYS!!

Nailed it.

I did. Before the season started. You seem to think there is a complexity to the game that I'm missing. You can be pretentious as you like.

At the end of the day you think we can replace our 2 top prem goal scorers easy enough. You connect dots to strange places. Prem goals are one of the things we struggle with, and you think money could be better spent if we get rid of two of the top dogs of the season who score them...And then post pro posts regarding a player who was in the top 2 for being the worst in a shots to goals ratio.

Im immediately skeptical about player swap/part exchange deals. They are very rare and Id imagine rather complicated.

At the moment Im inclined to think the press line on us not being in for Lallana is more likely. Especially when you consider the like of Konoplyanka out there for half the price.

IMO for us to get Lallana it will be 100% on Southamptons terms, which would likely be straight cash.
:adethumbup:

I did. Before the season started. You seem to think there is a complexity to the game that I'm missing. You can be pretentious as you like.

At the end of the day you think we can replace our 2 top prem goal scorers easy enough. You connect dots to strange places. Prem goals are one of the things we struggle with, and you think money could be better spent if we get rid of two of the top dogs of the season who score them...And then post pro posts regarding a player who was in the top 2 for being the worst in a shots to goals ratio.

Gibbs, we've been over this a merciless amount of times and every time you flaunt your inability in reading comprehension. If you want to chalk that to up to being pretentious, then so be it. But I'm weary of having to repeat myself because you cannot or refuse to appropriately read points made to you.

And yes, I have never seen you once discuss cause and effect in tangible terms, so I do believe you lack understanding in many complexities of this game. This is more than sufficient evidence to it:

I understand just fine. Modric does not have the ability in front of goal that Scholes and Fabregas has. THAT is why he plays the position he does. Not because of his ability. He does not have it in his locker. He's not a lock picker or a goal scorer. He's a sad withdrawn pass monkey with an engine from hell. And a fucking good one.

Last edited:
Isn't it stupid to assume someone would break an easily avoidable rule with our HUGE MASSIVE roster of professional footballers and financial resources? Esp since players who should be moved on, are heavily dominating the worst player of the season awards?
I can't even work out what you mean here.

Are you suggesting we needn't abide by the rules because we have a lot of money?

HUGE and MASSIVE mean the same thing. No need to use both to describe our pool of players

I can't even work out what you mean here.

Millbanks...You were the guy who believed the stuff that CJJ was selling. Eproms just posted this in another thread: The red bolded part is the only aspect that matters. Like I keep saying..It's not even a thing to worry about. Esp with future signings etc. Hell even without it's not a problem.

Non-HG, Non-U21 (17 maximum, else loan/reserves):
  1. Adebayor, Emmanuel
  2. Assou-Ekotto, Benoît Pierre
  3. Bezerra Maciel Júnior, José Paulo
  4. Capoue, Étienne
  5. Chadli, Nacer
  6. Chiricheș, Vlad Iulian
  7. Dembélé, Moussa
  8. Eriksen, Christian Dannemann
  9. Falqué, Yago
  10. Friedel, Bradley Howard
  11. Holtby, Lewis Harry
  12. Kaboul, Younès
  13. Khumalo, Bongani Sandile
  14. Lamela, Erik Manuel
  15. Lloris, Hugo
  16. Raniere Guimarães Cordeiro, Sandro
  17. Soldado Rillo, Roberto
  18. Vertonghen, Jan
HG, Non-U21 (surplus must be loaned/reserves)
  1. ** Carroll, Thomas James
  2. ** Ceballos Prieto, Cristian
  3. * Dawson, Michael Richard
  4. ** Fredericks, Ryan Marlowe B.
  5. * Fryers, Ezekiel David
  6. * Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson
  7. * Hall, Grant Terry
  8. ** Lennon, Aaron Justin
  9. ** Livermore, Jake Cyril
  10. ** Mason, Ryan Glen
  11. * Naughton, Kyle
  12. ** Obika, Jonathan
  13. ** Rose, Daniel Lee
  14. ** Townsend, Andros
  15. * Walker, Kyle Andrew
U21 (unlimited):
Class of 2014:

1. ** Archer, Jordan Gideon (1993.4.12)
  2. ** Kane, Harry Edward (1993.7.28)
  3. ** Pritchard, Alex David (1993.5.3)
Class of 2015:
  1. Bentaleb, Nabil (1994.11.24) (** should he stay for one more season)
  2. ** Coulibaly, Souleymane (1994.12.26)
  3. Coulthirst, Shaquile Tyshan (1994.11.2) (** should he stay for one more season)
  4. ** Lameiras, Ruben (1994.12.22)
  5. Lesniak, Filip (1994.5.14)
  6. ** McEvoy, Kenneth (1994.9.4)
  7. ** Ward, Grant Antony (1994.12.4)
Class of 2016:
  1. Akindayini, Daniel Oluwaseun (1995.10.26)
  2. ** Ball, Dominic (1995.8.2)
  3. ** Dombaxe, Laste (1995.5.15) (released?)
  4. Gomelt, Tomislav (1995.1.7)
  5. McEneff, Aaron (1995.7.9)
  6. McGee, Luke Paul (1995.9.2)
  7. ** McQueen, Alexander Luke (1995.3.24)
  8. ** McQueen, Darren (1995.5.8)
  9. Priestley, Liam Joseph (1995.9.1)
  10. ** Veljković, Miloš (1995.9.26)
Class of 2017:
  1. Miller, William (1996.6.8)
  2. Oduwa, Nathan (1996.3.5)
  3. Ogilvie, Connor Stuart (1996.2.14)
  4. Sonupe, Emmanuel Olukolade (1996.3.21)
  5. Vincent-Young, Kane (1996.3.15)
  6. Winks, Harry (1996.2.2)
Others:
  1. Amos, Luke Ayodele
  2. Campbell-Young, Channing Shelby
  3. Georgiou, Anthony Michael
  4. Goddard, Cy
  5. Harrison, Shayon
  6. Onomah, Joshua
  7. Pritchard, Joe Cameron
  8. Ross, Lloyd
  9. Voss, Harry William
  10. Walker-Peters, Kyle
  11. Walkes, Anton

:paulinhobored:

I still don't think he gets it.

First point, I don't see how the squad that just finished the season is "old out of date information" - none of our first team players have been sold or released, nor has anyone else signed for us. Thus, still in date.

Ironically, Éperons Éperons posted the same thing as me, just in a different thread, yet I'm called all sorts of things and I spread misinformation, whilst he praises the thread and post. Hmm...

Just to get an idea of what you're thinking, gibbs131 , can you enlighten me as to what your 25 man squad would be?

:paulinhobored:

Just to get an idea of what you're thinking, gibbs131 , can you enlighten me as to what your 25 man squad would be?

I'm thinking my 25 man squad would have no more than 17 non homegrown players.

Adebayor
Paulinho
Chadli
Dembele
Capoue
Chiriches
Eriksen
Holtby
Kaboul
Lamela
Lloris
Sandro
Jan
Soldado

Oh look. Less than 17 non homegrown players. I'm good! Now I have dozens of other players I can sift through use and to stay within the rules. Unless you think selling 4 or 5 English players stops me from doing this? :vdvshh:

I'm thinking my 25 man squad would have no more than 17 non homegrown players.

Adebayor
Paulinho
Chadli
Dembele
Capoue
Chiriches
Eriksen
Holtby
Kaboul
Lamela
Lloris
Sandro
Jan
Soldado

Oh look. Less than 17 non homegrown players. I'm good! Now I have dozens of other players I can sift through use and to stay within the rules. Unless you think selling 4 or 5 English players stops me from doing this? :vdvshh:

Just to check your understanding, you've got 1 GK, 3 CB, 8 MF and 2 FWs.

That's 14 players, 4 short of a matchday squad.

You've not registered Livermore, Assou-Ekotto, Falque, Walker, Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Lennon, Townsend, Sigurdsson or Carroll, so you can't play any of them.

The only 3 players which have any experience of PL football which are 'free' to play are Bentaleb, Kane and Fryers, so which inexperienced youths are you going to field?

Then if you get an injury to one on your list, I assume you'll be playing the likes of McEvoy (tiny dancer)?

Why did you ignore "Now I have dozens of other players I can sift through use and to stay within the rules."

:soldadowatch:

Because you didn't register them. That's how it works.

You have plenty of inexperienced youth to "sift through", but you've sold "4 or 5" of the key first team HG players so there's not enough to cover a match day squad.

Last edited:
Still doubling down on that eh?

You're either trolling, or you're being stupid, but just to clarify or even to defend yourself, pick a squad of up to 25 players and an example matchday squad.

We've apparently got an abundance of HG players, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom