Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He probably got way too stale at Spurs and needed a change of scenery but putting in a performance like that last night tells you he was never as bad as our fans made him out to be, the right team with the right coach and culture will always be key for a player, I guess Dier has found his home, for now.

Whatever anyone says about him, nobody could ever doubt his commitment to playing for us.

Think the last time he was playing this well was when he was trying to get into the World Cup (Qatar) squad. After that his form fell off a cliff.

Perhaps there's some sort of major tournament coming up again? There's something in June isn't there?? Just a coincidence of course.

I heard somewhere probably a podcast that there will be some kind of presentation for Dier and Kane to say thank you for their service at the Bayern friendly. Initiated by Levy

Spurs Recycled White Hart Lane Cockerel Keyring​

£5.00
spurs-recycled-white-hart-lane-cockerel-keyring__12894.1676301571.jpg

Showed last night why he's getting picked ahead of Kim and Upamecano. If you don't run in behind him, which Woolwich didn't, he's perfectly fine and solid. Bayern love him, so far.

Good luck to him.

Showed last night why he's getting picked ahead of Kim and Upamecano. If you don't run in behind him, which Woolwich didn't, he's perfectly fine and solid. Bayern love him, so far.

Good luck to him.
Accepting that things work out differently dependent on circumstance, I did have a wry smile last night to see Dier ruling at the back whilst Kim came on as a sub.

The same Kim that, according to TFC, was the greatest centre back the world had ever seen.

Accepting that things work out differently dependent on circumstance, I did have a wry smile last night to see Dier ruling at the back whilst Kim came on as a sub.

The same Kim that, according to TFC, was the greatest centre back the world had ever seen.
You have gone early here Kim IS better than him. He is a good centerback in poor form. Was excellent for Napoli. I'd take him right now for Spurs. What did intrest me was that systems make players. The way Tuchel set up protected Dier and made him perfectly serviceable. That bloke koopmeiners is it was unbelievable he strangled the life out of, Arse. That,bloke in front of VDV and Romero we'd horrible to play.

If Spurs wanted to surrender space and give oponents 73% of the ball like last night Eric Dier would be still getting games. I'd also not be attending them...

Last edited:
You have gone early here Kim IS better than him. He is a good centerback in poor form. Was excellent for Napoli. I'd take him right now for Spurs. What did intrest me was that systems make players. The way Tuchel set up protected Dier and made him perfectly serviceable. That bloke koopmeiners is it was unbelievable he strangled the life out of, Arse. That,bloke in front of VDV and Romero we'd horrible to play.

If Spurs wanted to surrender space and give oponents 73% of the ball like last night Eric Dier would be still getting games. I'd also not be attending them...
A one off match, aye. Just found it amusing, that’s all. No statement on the overall good of either player, just breaking the balls of the know-alls.

Frow what I've seen of him this season for Bayern, he's really average. I've always thought Upamecano is a bit of a donkey, so wasn't suprised at all to see him get dropped. Perhaps Kim will come good, but I just haven't seen impressed in the handful of times I've seen him play this season.

Frow what I've seen of him this season for Bayern, he's really average. I've always thought Upamecano is a bit of a donkey, so wasn't suprised at all to see him get dropped. Perhaps Kim will come good, but I just haven't seen impressed in the handful of times I've seen him play this season.
I am a Bayern fan and have watched all games this season, and Dier has been doing a more than solid job. In terms of value for money, he was even one of the best transfers of recent years. Dier is not a world-class player, but he does the simple things right. In my opinion, De Ligt is our best defender, and Kim and Upamecano also have more potential, but especially the latter often has brain farts during games, which Dier hardly ever has. Kim hasn't been quite in form since the Asia Cup, which is why Dier is often preferred. It certainly helps Dier that under Tuchel the team plays a bit deeper and not as high up. The latter is also due to the fact that this season there has been a lot of injury misfortune, and Tuchel rarely had the full squad available. This is also one of the reasons why Bayern is lagging behind their own expectations in the league this season. Additionally, there is a lack of a strong defensive midfielder, who is supposed to come next season, as well as another central midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom