Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't surprise me if Woodward is still in charge of the footballing decisions. He probably thinks Theo Walcott is still a terrific, young, up and coming talent
Woodward isn't really a stupid guy, the man was a junior banking exec who pulled of a multibillion leveraged buyout and became its top executive and has made it additional billions in profits and increased revenues...

He's just a bit arrogant and power hungry which is why all their training and backroom staff is vanilla, yes men soldiery, to ensure nobody questions big man Ed. But also, worryingly for ourselves, Man Utd are still recording record profits and revenues, which means sporting success really doesn't seem to impact a club's ability to generate revenue....

I believe José really likes Dier and it’s harsh to judge him on 45 minutes today, no matter how bloody awful he’s been, so I think he’ll get plenty of chances to impress.

But what’s happened to Dier? He at least used to resemble a footballer. Could play in three positions, could tackle, pass and run. Seems like he struggles with all these now. And what happened to his Dele bromance? Have they fallen out or just grown up?

Dier has a huge chance here to get back to the top of the game. Hope he sorts himself out and takes it.

But also, worryingly for ourselves, Man Utd are still recording record profits and revenues, which means sporting success really doesn't seem to impact a club's ability to generate revenue....

Their revenue is in a three-year decline.

United - 689M
Liverpool - 403M
Spurs - 279M

United - 676M
Liverpool - 424 M
Spurs - 355M

United - 666M
Liverpool - 513M
Spurs - 428M

Sporting success doesn't impact a club's ability to make revenue, IT IS a club's ability to make revenue, period, end of story, full stop.

Their revenue is in a three-year decline.

United - 689M
Liverpool - 403M
Spurs - 279M

United - 676M
Liverpool - 424 M
Spurs - 355M

United - 666M
Liverpool - 513M
Spurs - 428M

Sporting success doesn't impact a club's ability to make revenue, IT IS a club's ability to make revenue, period, end of story, full stop.

And sponsors are beginning to make noises about lack of success. They will get nowhere near what they get now when they renegotiate

Where did you get 428m from?

And sponsors are beginning to make noises about lack of success. They will get nowhere near what they get now when they renegotiate

Where did you get 428m from?

Manu revenues in decline due to lack of CL football (and revenues it brings) plus lower sponsorship revenues. think ManU gave some forecasts many months ago suggesting a range of 660 to 680.

No real surprise in Spurs revenues increasing, mainly due to CL run giving maybe an extra 30m or 40m extra prize money.

Attendances at Wembley were down on the previous year by maybe 10% or 15% which will have negatively impacted revenues by say 20m but we got around 6 games in new stadium which with £1m a match food and drink revenues will probably give us an extra 10m or even 15m. Plus add in some advertising sponsorships due to moving into the new ground. We will also have had a few conferences/ exhibitions in the new stadium at end of season and up to 30 ,June ( Spurs year end). So whilst I would have thought 428 looks on the high side of estimates, something around the 390/400m sounds credible to me.

I think it is necessary to say that he is not a DM for a title challenging team. How many times do you see Fabinho, Fernandinho, Kante, Ndidi make one touch passes that are missing by 3-5 yards. How many times do you see them never turn their body when receiving the ball? He just doesn’t have the hips to play in a CM role in the hardest league. Credit to him for running around for a long time, but he didn’t do much with it and he isn’t the young 20 year old that was a bit lighter on his feet. It’s over for him and the only reason I think he was in there was because Ndombele was out.

Mourinho likes him, but he can’t be the vision for the long haul

Back
Top Bottom