Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any chance of cutting and pasting the text of that?

Damn paywall *shakes angry fist at Rupert Murdoch*
Ahhh..Sorry fella, I've reached my article limit!! I've registered for free which only gives me (I can't remember how many) article views per week.

Trust me though I wasted my click on this one, it was an absolutely shit article with more reference to rugby than football but posted on here as that Tweet which enticed me into the click made me chuckle.

His foray into dickhead hunting aside. He had 2 honestly good games this past week.

Finally finding form?
Talking of dickheads - have they identified him yet?

Lifetime ban.

If it was someone on this forum, who is the most likely candidate?

Ahhh..Sorry fella, I've reached my article limit!! I've registered for free which only gives me (I can't remember how many) article views per week.

Trust me though I wasted my click on this one, it was an absolutely shit article with more reference to rugby than football but posted on here as that Tweet which enticed me into the click made me chuckle.
I can't find anywhere on their site that lets me set up a registered access user account. Am I being thick (most likely scenario) or have they scrapped it or something?

I can't find anywhere on their site that lets me set up a registered access user account. Am I being thick (most likely scenario) or have they scrapped it or something?
They might have scrapped it mate I don't know? It might have been just Sport Specific, I can't remember now, if that's the case go to Sport Home page. There's a "my account" tab in the headings.

My IP and log-in is cached so I'm automatically logged in whenever I access their pages and keeps count on the articles I view.

Rather have Dier at CB than Toby. Still had a couple of very poor headers though, one which resulted in their goal.

I don't understand why he's getting grief for that header.....

It was a headed clearance that cleared the distance of our box and was headed away from the central area of the pitch. Heading it out for a throw wasn't likely, so he did as much as one can expect.

If Hugo holds the save, no critique would have ensued.

Last edited:
I don't understand why he's getting grief for that header.....

It was a headed clearance that cleared the distance of our box and was headed away from the central area of the pitch. Heading it out fur a throw wasn't likely, so he did as much as one can expect.

If Hugo holds the save, no critique would have ensued.
The header was straight to a guy at the edge of the box. We've seen worse headers but that was very weak. He had all the time in the world to pick a better option instead of there. Did a similar thing ealier too where he pushed the ball towards a Burnley player so he could have a shot.

Not that Lloris should be spilling it out anyway.

The header was straight to a guy at the edge of the box. We've seen worse headers but that was very weak. He had all the time in the world to pick a better option instead of there. Did a similar thing ealier too where he pushed the ball towards a Burnley player so he could have a shot.

Not that Lloris should be spilling it out anyway.

When making a clearance you aim at a pre-designated safe area (which to a reasonable extent, he did).... Despite you saying "he had all the time in the world" (hardly!), you aren't afforded the time to asses where every oppo player is .

As already noted.... Any 'safer' and he'd have had to head it sideways off the pitch; which wasn't technically likely.

After a consistent run of games too.
This is the key. He’d had some shit injury & then illness. As well as the physical impact on him, he would have had the psychological effects of having his career in limbo.
He’s getting back to his old self, & that can only be a good thing. Even for those who don’t rate him in recent times.
That tackle on the weekend was worth a goal.
He can still do a very valuable job for us. No doubt at all.

Back
Top Bottom