Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does he have a point?

No he doesn’t mate. Dier wouldn’t have heard what was said. He saw his kid brother being squared up to and did what he did out of protective instinct.
We don’t know what went on verbally between his brother and the bloke, but if his brother felt the fan was out of order, he had every right to challenge him.
We have all had cross words with fellow fans. Just look at this fucking place most of the time!
It’s ended up looking like it could get properly physical, Dier has seen it and done what most close family would do.
If I saw someone looking threatening towards a close family member, I’d do exactly the same.

I like Dier but I would play him at RB.
He is not a DM.
He is a good fill-in for CB.
Currently I would play him at CF - couldn't do worse than Dele who I am not criticising as he is a genius CM

Bringing the game into disrepute even though the final whistle had long gone?

Shouldn’t VAR and half the country’s refs be banned then for actually destroying matches that are being played

Dier and Lo Celso looked very solid playing together on Saturday. They complimented each other well and our midfield looked pretty good with them paired together.

I'd like to see that pairing again to see if we can build something there. For the sake of saving the season I'd rest them both for the United game and try another pair in mid week.

No he doesn’t mate. Dier wouldn’t have heard what was said. He saw his kid brother being squared up to and did what he did out of protective instinct.
We don’t know what went on verbally between his brother and the bloke, but if his brother felt the fan was out of order, he had every right to challenge him.
We have all had cross words with fellow fans. Just look at this fucking place most of the time!
It’s ended up looking like it could get properly physical, Dier has seen it and done what most close family would do.
If I saw someone looking threatening towards a close family member, I’d do exactly the same.
You would. But there is a problem when you are supposed to be a role model. Kids watch this on tv . NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY WAY. I refuse to become a scouser cunt defending fools just because.

Every time a cross word is said lets have a fisticuffs. You're talking out your arse with the family thing. Justify violence is just weak.

Biting, spitting what's next? Transfer him and see if there is any takers. No big club will touch him so we are stuck.

Every time a cross word is said lets have a fisticuffs. You're talking out your arse with the family thing. Justify violence is just weak.

Drivel.... Actually READ the post you've just replied to.

Did Dier commit an act of violence? ....No.

You wouldn't seek to protect a family member you thought was in peril? ...That's "weak".

You wouldn't seek to protect a family member you thought was in peril? ...That's "weak".

Peril...seriously ? Was a 1930's villain about to decapitate his brother?

I thought the story was the brother didn't like the abuse and grabbed the other fan in the VIP area?

It's not exactly a perilous scenario is it? It was a pair of VIP's flapping their hand bags at each other with stewards everywhere.

He wasn't Tarzan, swinging through the jungle on vines to rescue Jane from the clutches of a pack of cannibals...

Dier was stopped by fans and security. Defending family is not making a run 40 rows up a football stadium.

Peril...seriously ? Was a 1930's villain about to decapitate his brother?

LOL..... I take your point about the phrasing but replace as you see fit.

I thought the story was the brother didn't like the abuse and grabbed the other fan in the VIP area?

From pitchside I'm sure the ins-and-outs of the scenario won't be visible.

Take into account what I'm responding to; my point should be reasonably clear.

Dier was stopped by fans and security.

Stopped from what? Nothing happened..... If it had he could have done little more than separate his brother from any potential fracas.... So you're insinuations of "violence" are nonsense.

Defending family is not making a run 40 rows up a football stadium.

If that's where the incident is taking place, of course it is!

:pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
In a reverse respect to those over in the Corona thread I’ve decided to take all Diers positive stats as the ultimate truth and declare him world class.

All those poor stats are pretty irrelevant to be honest.
The fact is that he made some tackles.

Not sure why nothing further held re possible action re incident. Cannot be good for Dier not knowing.

Same as the shit Dele was facing.... It becomes low priority in the current scenario....I guess they're in no rush to dole out bans when there's no games being played.

Back
Top Bottom