Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ironically it was the growth that we didn't stunt that was probably his main issue...

Seems to have gotten a handle on it over the break though, good on him, and fingers crossed for a return to his best form.
Yeah except I'm getting bored of this. Every time similarly with Dele we're saying 'gets back to their best' . I think its time we accepted some of those players reached their peaks , maybe were playing out of their skins and its time to move on.

Yeah except I'm getting bored of this. Every time similarly with Dele we're saying 'gets back to their best' . I think its time we accepted some of those players reached their peaks , maybe were playing out of their skins and its time to move on.
Dele fucking infuriates me, but I still hope for him to regain his best form for as long as he's our player. It's one thing to acknowledge that may not happen, but there are too many that seem to take glee in every poor performance from Dele, Dier, Moura, Davies, Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Winks, etc.

That's a pretty long list of players who seem to get flack no matter what, it's beyond ridiculous sometimes and leaves you wondering if some of our fans are actually happiest when miserable.

Dele fucking infuriates me, but I still hope for him to regain his best form for as long as he's our player. It's one thing to acknowledge that may not happen, but there are too many that seem to take glee in every poor performance from Dele, Dier, Moura, Davies, Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Winks, etc.

That's a pretty long list of players who seem to get flack no matter what, it's beyond ridiculous sometimes and leaves you wondering if some of our fans are actually happiest when miserable.
I agree a lot of players are out of form
But Dele and Dier are the two that I see getting defended a lot when they've played awfully. Those 2 have been in slumps for longer than Alderweireld or Moura for example..
I've given up cutting them slack.

I agree a lot of players are out of form
But Dele and Dier are the two that I see getting defended a lot when they've played awfully. Those 2 have been in slumps for longer than Alderweireld or Moura for example..
I've given up cutting them slack.
Have you gone a bit barjot?

He'd be out of contract next summer so I get it, don't want to lose and asset for nothing. Let's hope he can recover his form so we can move him on for a decent amount.

All the press as well as Eric himself have said that he only wants to be a CB from now on, which I’m fine with. As he’s got older he’s bulked up and isn’t mobile enough to play in midfield.

He was playing well at CB before the virus hit and I think as a Portuguese/English speaker he has a very big opportunity to make himself a key play in that position under Mourinho.

A new contract is fine, it’s not like he’s going to get a big salary increase. No club better than Tottenham will be interested in him so his best move is to stay here and restart his career in his original position.

FUCKING USELESS DUMB CUNT - COSTING US A FUCKING WIN BY BEING ABSOLUTELY SHIT AND CONCEDING A PENALTY.

.... that's how it goes, right? Whenever a player makes a mistake?

Good performance for the most part - he's definitely better at centre back than he is at defensive midfield but the mistake today probably shows why he'll never be a top class centre back. Just a good enough cover.

The block on Martial was great.

It's a shame abut the soft penalty but I think him and Davinson were good to be honest, they both play better in a deep lying defensive and that's why they were chosen.
Agreed, I was worried when I saw that Dier-Sanchez combination on the team sheet but both did a good job. Was a bit silly with the pen didn't need to touch him when it's a player like Pogba who goes down pretty easy but had a good game nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom