Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's improved but is he really a top team centre back. I think of vertonghen being left cb and dier isn't really fit to clean his boots is he. Positionally not great always feel like he can be beaten passing not great. I think he needs upgrading if he's the first choice.

Big lad, good for headers in general, but has absolutely no spring his step. I don't know why he bulked up so much.

51HclQhO4-L._AC_.jpg

Ertf9KIXAAArhp3

Surprised this wasn't talked about more.

Dier aimlessly hoofing the ball forward towards absolutely nobody. Fulham regained possession and scored their equaliser from this.

I think it's extremely hard to be compact when both full backs can't wait to bomb on.

I still can't figure out what Sanchez was trying to when it comes to stopping the cross. Got burned and then went with the wrong leg.

He needs dropping! He was constantly hoofing it up field to no one or towards sissoko which is basically the same thing. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would know that sissoko can’t jump or head the ball so why hit towards him? Drop dier for Rodon cannot be any worse. Which really applies to most of the team. Might as well try something different.

Ertf9KIXAAArhp3

Surprised this wasn't talked about more.

Dier aimlessly hoofing the ball forward towards absolutely nobody. Fulham regained possession and scored their equaliser from this.

That's something we as a team do far too much. We constantly punt balls up the pitch and head the ball aimlessly forward.

I think it's hard to blame Dier when it seems to be a purposeful tactic.

That's something we as a team do far too much. We constantly punt balls up the pitch and head the ball aimlessly forward.

I think it's hard to blame Dier when it seems to be a purposeful tactic.
Agreed, its a Jose thing, hoof the ball into the opponents half and let them come at you, hopefully PEH will intercept the ball and spring a counter attack...it wont always work

I've thought about it and
Dier's passing isn't good enough , makes so many poor passes
Also He keeps on losing ariel duels to people smaller than him , why???

I'm amazed he was at CDM for so long.. He's poor in both positions.
Upgrade needed summer time.

Would be much more effective if he kept it simple and looked to play into midfield. Nobody cant say he hasnt improved vastly but he does turn the ball over alot. He hasnt got Toby's quality when raking long passes

Would be much more effective if he kept it simple and looked to play into midfield. Nobody cant say he hasnt improved vastly but he does turn the ball over alot. He hasnt got Toby's quality when raking long passes
Has he improved vastly though , thought he looked really good when we came back from lockdown like against United. But then this season he makes little mistakes in every game (which hadn't been getting punished) but now recently have..
My issue here is that he wouldn't start at any other top 6 club (assuming Liverpool's CB'S aren't all injured) so why should he start here?
To put it bluntly he's a failed CDM who Jose rated because of his height but he can't even win most of his duels in the air.
What's the point , as I said upgraded needed ..

Think I'd prefer Joe Lewis' pad as a house swap. Four and a half million for a terraced house - for that sort of money I want acres of land. London prices are obscene.
Hampstead is hard to beat for a location though, love the place, what with the heath and all, although with the money comes the absolute wankers in their droves (Aubamying, Ozil, Giroud & Gadafi) buying up house's but only living in them a week or two a year. Almost bought a tiny one-bedroom cottage in the heart of the village about 25yrs ago, it was no bigger than a shoebox so just couldn't bring myself to part with the £300k it was up for.

It sold recently for £1.5m!!!
:mourcry:

Last edited:
He’s a good 3rd CB. He can rotate in and hold his own. As others have stated, he doesn’t have any ability that makes him above average. Not great with the ball or dominant defensively.

Back
Top Bottom