Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has he ever been? Has he lost form. He played in WC 2018 , scored winning pen v columbia. Was the style of play under poch more suited to him? Or is he just basically shit?

Has he ever been? Has he lost form. He played in WC 2018 , scored winning pen v columbia. Was the style of play under poch more suited to him? Or is he just basically shit?

He was decent at DM for one year when he had Dembele holding his hand - and he was relatively okay in a back three when we had Alderweireld and Vertonghen at their peak.

Players are also more fondly remembered when you're actually winning games. Which we did a lot between 2015 and 2017.

60Z6hOx.jpg

Dier is not the leader that Jose would make you believe and the reason why Toby should always play.

I do think that the early goal against Spam was his fault because:
  1. Unless you get a call from the keeper then it's your responsibility to just clear everything out.
  2. Loris might have come and cleared that out, but there was no shout
  3. For a CB to look at the covering full back like it was his fault when the ball can be headed at the front post is laughable.
Basically, we have no leaders. A situation common since Ledley left the pitch.
To be fair Michael Dawson was a leader. He was still playing after Ledley retired.

proper cunt move
He's still trying way too hard. Probably got jacked up on Mou's hopium thinking he is some kind of Warrior-Priest who can take us to the promised land.

I like Dier and think he is the kind of guy that would be a really good friend. He needs to separate himself from Mou's negativity towards the squad and stop allowing himself to be a conduit of that man's bitterness and jadedness. He really should be putting an arm around Tanganga's shoulder and encouraging him with heartening positivity.

The contrast between the knock-on effects of Poch's "loving father" approach and Mou's "perpetually disapproving father" approach are captured well in this picture.

Dier's in a bad place right now. I hope he can turn it around and get back to a less negative and tense existence.

and mourinho takes Tanganga off leaving that cunt Dier on haha.
I know it isn’t Dier related but Jose’ treatment of younger players is fucking awful.
Their confidence must be shot to bits.
Tanganga getting hooked like this when he wasn’t at fault for the goal.
Rodon’s disappearance from the starting XI after just a handful of sub appearances and 1-2 starts.

Back
Top Bottom