Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly don't wanna see Dier play for us again. He's been blagging it at the club for the last 6 or 7 years. Successive managers for club and country convince themselves there's a player there, but there's never been more than a very average one, no matter what position he plays, CB, DM, RB. He's never been good enough for us nor England.

I honestly don't wanna see Dier play for us again. He's been blagging it at the club for the last 6 or 7 years. Successive managers for club and country convince themselves there's a player there, but there's never been more than a very average one, no matter what position he plays, CB, DM, RB. He's never been good enough for us nor England.
Word! Some people are still in love with his running the stands

I feel bad for Dier, but unfortunately he appears to be emanating some kind of toxic aura. It seems like we just play a lot worse whenever he is on the field. Not sure what the answer is but I'd rather not see him playing in any important games for awhile (although I'm not sure we have too many of those left by now).

I feel bad for Dier, but unfortunately he appears to be emanating some kind of toxic aura. It seems like we just play a lot worse whenever he is on the field. Not sure what the answer is but I'd rather not see him playing in any important games for awhile (although I'm not sure we have too many of those left by now).
Hes static and creates space for other teams to run straight through..hes not at the level of a top 6 team, hes got great passion but that doesnt keep cleans sheets.

Made some absolutely dumb decisions last night including fouling when we had an attack right at the end.
This all day long. And yet again he started complaining to the ref about a blatantly stupid foul he made. Jose loves him though which is a damning indictment on Jose.

He's in the England squad? I guess I know nothing about football.

I still hear the argument he is versatile

What positions can he actually play

Played RB like 7 years ago for a few games and in that time Poch/mou have opted for Sanchez and Sissoko at RB over him

CDM ? Mou played him in CDM for 2 games and then realised how shit he was. Looks slow and so heavy in the midfield. Gets bypassed far too easily.

CB ? I guess that's his favoured positions but how many errors in particular positional errors.

Conclusion : Versatile at playing 3 positions awfully. Its not an asset. There is nothing good about Dier and he's not even homegrown. Sell Sell Sell.

If he moved as quickly on the pitch as he did that night he jumped into the crowd he'd be a lot better player.

I was sat in the stand just above that game and that's the quickest i've ever seen Eric move.

To me it seems after his injury and illness he gain far too much bulk and cannot shift it, which in turn has slowed him down something chronic.
I would love the Eric Dier from 2016 to 2018 because he was a very good player but I think he may well have peaked.
I still love Eric Dier , Eric Dier still loves me ( although I think he may have to go soon)

Back
Top Bottom