Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what he was thinking for that own goal, he really just seems to have brain-freezes in the box at times which is a terrible thing for a centre-half.

I don't think i'll ever really trust him fully tbh.

Not a fan but he’s a Tottenham player and will always get support today was unlucky caught him awkwardly could have happened to any of the back 4.

I don't know what he was thinking for that own goal, he really just seems to have brain-freezes in the box at times which is a terrible thing for a centre-half.

And we’ve got Rodon who can barely get a game

I’d start him before Dier or Sanchez

Everyone says he played well except that.
So what. That's his problem. He always has a big error in him. Van Dijk plays well and doesn't make that error because he's a top CB.

Dier is not a top CB. I cannot believe he's become a starter . He's not good enough and we will not succeed with him.

Both him/Sanchez have that sort of mistake in them too much.

If he stays it should be as backup for Hogbjerg and as a fourth choice centre-back.

Everyone says he played well except that.
So what. That's his problem. He always has a big error in him. Van Dijk plays well and doesn't make that error because he's a top CB.

Dier is not a top CB. I cannot believe he's become a starter . He's not good enough and we will not succeed with him.

Both him/Sanchez have that sort of mistake in them too much.

And when they say that he played well except he rarely actually played well.

Today for example he wasn't good and not because of the own goal but overall. Even without that mistake he was meh at best.

Spurs win leaves the haters with nothing to say on the main pages - so they all pick on a player instead.

Dier is the leader in the back four, age and experience almost guarantee him a starting role until a senior CB is transferred in - haters just gonna have to suck it up .... it's almost worth having him play every game just to watch the trolls squirming - o_O

Spurs win leaves the haters with nothing to say on the main pages - so they all pick on a player instead.

Dier is the leader in the back four, age and experience almost guarantee him a starting role until a senior CB is transferred in - haters just gonna have to suck it up .... it's almost worth having him play every game just to watch the trolls squirming - o_O
Ok superfan give it a fucking rest. He fucked up today, people are entitled to have their say on a forum.

You're as bad as the haters you claim to dislike. The only difference is you're wasting your time moaning about them rather than Dier.

Just can't trust the bloke. Always has that inexplicable brainfart in him. That's why any praise of him can never be too effusive as the next howler is just around the corner. Luckily it didn't prove costly. I pray for the day when he's no longer a regular.

Jesus, give it a rest.

He did something dumb and he's getting criticised for it. He's a big boy, I'm sure he doesn't need you calling people haters on his behalf.

I thought he had a decent game today until that utter bumblefuck moment that made the last few minutes a little too uncomfortable given how well we’d controlled the game after the first few minutes. He wasn’t expecting the ball to come to him over the top & that momentary lapse of concentration is what spoils him as a player. It’s too frequent and almost always costs us something.
I love Eric to bits. But he does keep having these moments

I thought he was having a good game until the own goal, but it again just highlights that there’s always an error in him. He loses concentration at the worst times.

Back
Top Bottom