Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier was good against City but his poor clearance did give City their main gilt edged chance.

Dier against Wolves handed Traore an easy chance to equalise and luckily for us he missed.

Dier was atrocious against Woolwich.

Dier was poor against Chelsea.

Dier scored a horrendous own goal yesterday.

Has he been better than his disgraceful performances last season? yes....but great??? dear god almighty.
And this is the point . Every game he'll gift the other team a big chance. Either they miss it , Hugo saves it or they score it.

No other top defender does such a thing.

I think most of us would have said in the summer that we needed at least two centre-halves (maybe not the easiest thing to do in one window). We got Romero but I still think we need a partner for him next summer. Can't see Dier or Sanchez performing consistently well enough and I'm not sure about Rodon, probably a squad player for now.

I was hoping Dier was starting to be more consistent. Romero is new and must be given more time. Sanchez is the worst CB we have making even more errors than Dier over the years. Rodon must play Thursday and if he has an excellent game play against Spammers.

Crazy how many howlers this guy gets to drop and still play, particularly over the last couple of seasons. If I'm Rodon I'm actually fuming at coming to Spurs.

I mean people generally go OTT on this guy, thought he had a decent match the other day and Romero was more culpulble but he seemed to get more pelters than Romero, must be the shiny new toy syndrome or something.

I think with Dier it is probably the aggression or perceived leadership he offers. I can understand why a manager would pick someone if they offer leadership of the back line, he is a player who while limited may improve the overall defence in that regard.

From an ability perspective I cannot understand how Dier is ahead of Rodon who looks as an individual player better, stronger in the air, better on the ball etc. Therefore I can only conclude Rodon doesn’t offer the leadership Dier does and that is something perhaps only a manager can judge.

That maybe being the case Dier has to sort out the individual errors in his game. They are far more frequent it seems than Aurier who last season was actually consistently ok, I think Aurier’s poor reputation from previous seasons preceded him.

Crazy how many howlers this guy gets to drop and still play, particularly over the last couple of seasons. If I'm Rodon I'm actually fuming at coming to Spurs.
Rodon is another talent mismanaged by our cunt setup - same as Sess and Clarke

Instead we keep flogging he dead donkey Dire

Rodon is another talent mismanaged by our cunt setup - same as Sess and Clarke

Instead we keep flogging he dead donkey Dire

There is no question in my mind that while we need upgrades in our squad I don’t believe we are getting 100% out of what we have, the so called ‘’sum of our parts’’. We could sign 5 world class players and still get nowhere near the title, the management/leadership of the club is not elite. Liverpool’s team is better than ours but not light years better, Klopp is the difference.

I feel sorry for Nuno, he isn’t bad but he isn’t our long term, the club Levy/Paratici need to sort out the direction and vision and that’s what concerns me.

Here's my gripe with Dier. Some people have had the audacity to say he's been having a good season. Firstly we've conceded a lot of goals this season (more than a lot of teams).

In each game he's done something wrong :

1) Man City - Gives the ball away really cheaply early on. Luckily Foden misses.
2) Wolves - Its his poor play which gifts Traore that massive chance that Lloris saves.
3) Watford - Ok to be fair nothing wrong here.
4) Crystal Palace - Only played a bit of the 1st half so no time
5) Chelsea - Marking on corner for 1st goal poor. 2nd goal massive deflection off him.
6) Woolwich - Like Sanchez all over the place and all 3 goals so easy for Woolwich
7) Aston Villa - Fails to either cut the ball out or mark Watkins leaving him an easy tap in
8) Newcastle - His own goal

Its not even over analysing. Every game he makes 1 big error , 1 poor decision. Earlier on they were not being exploited. Now they are. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

There is no question in my mind that while we need upgrades in our squad I don’t believe we are getting 100% out of what we have, the so called ‘’sum of our parts’’. We could sign 5 world class players and still get nowhere near the title, the management/leadership of the club is not elite. Liverpool’s team is better than ours but not light years better, Klopp is the difference.

I feel sorry for Nuno, he isn’t bad but he isn’t our long term, the club Levy/Paratici need to sort out the direction and vision and that’s what concerns me.
100%

Paratici seems a major fraud so far - the DoF version of Mendes bent cunts

Here's my gripe with Dier. Some people have had the audacity to say he's been having a good season. Firstly we've conceded a lot of goals this season (more than a lot of teams).

In each game he's done something wrong :

1) Man City - Gives the ball away really cheaply early on. Luckily Foden misses.
2) Wolves - Its his poor play which gifts Traore that massive chance that Lloris saves.
3) Watford - Ok to be fair nothing wrong here.
4) Crystal Palace - Only played a bit of the 1st half so no time
5) Chelsea - Marking on corner for 1st goal poor. 2nd goal massive deflection off him.
6) Woolwich - Like Sanchez all over the place and all 3 goals so easy for Woolwich
7) Aston Villa - Fails to either cut the ball out or mark Watkins leaving him an easy tap in
8) Newcastle - His own goal

Its not even over analysing. Every game he makes 1 big error , 1 poor decision. Earlier on they were not being exploited. Now they are. HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

This is fair enough and I always say that it's good to keep tabs on a player like this but keep the same energy for the good things he does in the game in that case, it's all well and good pointing out someone's flaws (I mean we can all do that with every player) but you should in theory make a list of the good shit he does to get a balanced view.

And also things like this need context.

Totally agreed, thouh let’s face it Dier is simply not good enough. Hasn’t been for four years isn’t going to change now.
Romero to blame for the first goal where he goes to get Rrichies long ball but passes it straight to Joelinton who swings it out to the right and then on the cross Romero is again beaten to it by Wilson. Absolutely piss poor defending from Romero, not Dier.
the OG Dier gives away the needless free kick for a unnecessary challenge and then the free kick in Romero misses again and Dier just doesn’t react well.
Dier was poor but so was Romero.
Lots of factors in their first goal though

Sonny not tracking back leaving a 2 on 1 for Reggie was a major one for me

Back
Top Bottom