Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like Doherty had his height taken when wearing cleats on a concrete floor.
Dier is standing further forward and Doherty leans in losing some max height but is still clearly shorter.
Dier looks taller than Kane. Portnoy is an accomplished grifter- of course he's 5'11".
Based on that picture and assuming Kane is 6ft 2, I'd guess Dier is around 6ft 3. Doherty looks like he's around 5ft 10-11. Portnoy is probably closer to 5ft 9 given he looks on par with Doherty standing on his toes.

I'm beginning to question players' heights and whether they misreport them intentionally. I know that NBA players exaggerate/underreports height as a sort of gamesmanship. Kevin Durant for instance intentionally listed his height at 6 ft 9 for a long time but he's closer to 7 ft - apparently he did that because he wanted other players/teams to underestimate his size.

Haha I’m 6ft and I was surprised at how tall and broad he is. Not massive, but bigger than he looks
I've never met Kane, but now and again when I see him, not playing, but in training or elsewhere in the media, he looks like a big guy, as you say, 'tall and broad'. He also seems immensely strong, going by his play. When he first appeared in the Spurs 1st team, he reminded me a bit of Martin Chivers; a big, direct centre-foward. When I started watching football in the mid 1960s nearly every team then had a big bustling CF. That gradually changed over time, where having a big spearhead CF was far less seen.

Against Sevilla Conte let Davies play on for a few minutes before subbing him but today when Eric went down he got Rodon ready immediately.
OK, he was poor first half today but Eric is essential to our season.

ehkw07lw35g91.jpg

Great to see him back amongst the goals. He certainly has it in him to get more than he has. Think his goal today was his first in 3 years or so.

Watching MOTD and after sessegone's goal he was first to celebrate and Sess was going mad with him, really seemed to mean it. May be reading too much into it but seems to back up how important Dier is to spirit

Watching MOTD and after sessegone's goal he was first to celebrate and Sess was going mad with him, really seemed to mean it. May be reading too much into it but seems to back up how important Dier is to spirit

Future captain. I’ll be very disappointed if he isn’t

Dier was class, was really impressed when he chewed out Romero for blasting the ball out instead of taking a touch and being composed. Have to admit he has been class since conte took over, I have slated him several times under nuno and Jose.. but he stepped it up.

Back
Top Bottom