Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Eric & England CBs....

Codey - Bombed out to Everton on loan.
Mings - Benched.
Stones - Benched.
White - Stuck out at RB and threatened by man of the moment Saliba.
McGuire - Continued object of ridicule.
Geuhi - Poor last games for both club & country..... Too hyped too soon?

Gary: "We know what Eric can do".....
No Euro's call-up.
Last England cap Nov 2020.

Last edited:

Eric Dier says he was hurt by Conteโ€™s comments about Tottenham last season​

On numerous occasions last season, Conte was asked about being on the same level as the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea, but the Italian always maintained that his side were not there yet.

Back at the start of January this year, the Italian claimed that there was a big gap between Tottenham and Chelsea. Later in the same month, after losing to the Blues, he claimed that the gap between Spurs and the top teams is โ€˜very largeโ€™.

Even earlier this month, the Italian claimed that Spurs have to go โ€˜step by stepโ€™ to reduce the gap between themselves and the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City.
The intention behind Conteโ€™s comments may well have been to motivate his players, but Dier has admitted today that he was really hurt by some of those remarks.

He told Sky Sports: โ€œAs a player, when he said that, it touches your pride, you know? It bothered me when he said that. I think itโ€™s good for us to hear those things because, yeah, when he said that, it hurts you.โ€

way out of his depth at that level today. he actually gets skinned twice when loftus cheek comes through and sterling hits it over the bar. got skinned down the line by havertz which resulted in a chance for them too. common fixture him getting skinned in the box even when its congested! thats a serious worry. we need better in that position. not exactly like hes excellent on the ball.

will suffice against bottom half sides that we can dominate but in games where your weak links are really tested hes a worry.

way out of his depth at that level today. he actually gets skinned twice when loftus cheek comes through and sterling hits it over the bar. got skinned down the line by havertz which resulted in a chance for them too. common fixture him getting skinned in the box even when its congested! thats a serious worry. we need better in that position. not exactly like hes excellent on the ball.

will suffice against bottom half sides that we can dominate but in games where your weak links are really tested hes a worry.
Yep poor today. Got done a few times and his passing was off.

We know his limitations and he does look shite in a back 4.

That said, we play back three 95% of the time so it's not a big deal.

Dier and Davies have done well under Conte but can be improved upon for sure.

I think Lenglet will do well and take Davies' spot and I would expect more links to CCB's in the summer.

We can only sign so many players all in one window, assuming we don't want to accumulate more deadwood. We couldn't get our first choice targets to upgrade Davies so have taken a punt on Lenglet (hopefully that works out). Next summer I think we'll see Dier upgraded. Then him and Davies will be squad players.

Eric Dier says he was hurt by Conteโ€™s comments about Tottenham last season​

On numerous occasions last season, Conte was asked about being on the same level as the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea, but the Italian always maintained that his side were not there yet.

Back at the start of January this year, the Italian claimed that there was a big gap between Tottenham and Chelsea. Later in the same month, after losing to the Blues, he claimed that the gap between Spurs and the top teams is โ€˜very largeโ€™.

Even earlier this month, the Italian claimed that Spurs have to go โ€˜step by stepโ€™ to reduce the gap between themselves and the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City.
The intention behind Conteโ€™s comments may well have been to motivate his players, but Dier has admitted today that he was really hurt by some of those remarks.

He told Sky Sports: โ€œAs a player, when he said that, it touches your pride, you know? It bothered me when he said that. I think itโ€™s good for us to hear those things because, yeah, when he said that, it hurts you.โ€
I get what Dierโ€™s saying but If he actually thought we were on City and Liverpools level, or a team that beat us 3 times by a total of 8-0โ€ฆ then I question his intelligence.

You have a strange obsession with hating Dier. You even bring him up in threads that have nothing to do with him. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom