Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching him in the City game they are showing live on the official site he looked much slimmer and quicker in 2015.

Yup this has been Eric's major downfall the last couple of seasons - he has bulked up way too much. Compare his frame now vs his frame in his first couple seasons and it's completely night and day. The guy was never particularly quick but now he is beyond slow in turning and acceleration. Completely unplayable as a CM in my opinion, and even as a CB he could do with slimming down and being a bit quicker.

Yup this has been Eric's major downfall the last couple of seasons - he has bulked up way too much. Compare his frame now vs his frame in his first couple seasons and it's completely night and day. The guy was never particularly quick but now he is beyond slow in turning and acceleration. Completely unplayable as a CM in my opinion, and even as a CB he could do with slimming down and being a bit quicker.

this for said about a lot of our players. We are bulking them up with muscle when we should be keeping them limber with yoga.

Kane and Dele are also much thicker and I feel have taken a hit because of that.

this for said about a lot of our players. We are bulking them up with muscle when we should be keeping them limber with yoga.

Kane and Dele are also much thicker and I feel have taken a hit because of that.
Jan is also bulkier than he was a few years ago. Ben has also packed on some muscle but that has probably helped him a bit when it comes to wrestling with attackers to be fair. Eriksen also packed on a few extra pounds of muscle in his final seasons.

Oddly enough the only one to not bulk up but who probably should have is Foyth.

Jan is also bulkier than he was a few years ago. Ben has also packed on some muscle but that has probably helped him a bit when it comes to wrestling with attackers to be fair. Eriksen also packed on a few extra pounds of muscle in his final seasons.

Oddly enough the only one to not bulk up but who probably should have is Foyth.

Which probably tells us it was their choice.

I personally see no difference in the likes of Davies or Eriksen etc.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom