Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eric Dier conceded 6 goals in 10 Premier League games, with two of those being handball penalties. People are still finding excuses to disrespect him, but by the end of the season everyone will come around.

Eric Dier conceded 6 goals in 10 Premier League games, with two of those being handball penalties. People are still finding excuses to disrespect him, but by the end of the season everyone will come around.
His defending is very good and I don’t think anyone is arguing against that.

The problem is his passing, he made quite a few mistakes last week for example and we’re not talking about difficult passes, he made those mistakes while he was passing it out to Reg or Aurier and CBs really shouldn’t be making those mistakes over and over again.

The dinked pass that he played today was quality..... those on here that keep having a go at our players and wanting them should should look at Dier as an example. Players get injured, lose form, may have issues outside the game etc.

You don't just become a bad player overnight. Its only either a bad injury or age that will usually end a career at this level.

I love players proving me wrong. Dier has been excellent and doesn't make me nervous like he used to. The improvement in Dier, Aurier and Lloris this year is amazing. Don't know what you're doing Jose, but keep it up

His defending is very good and I don’t think anyone is arguing against that.

A lot of people used to argue exactly that. Before the City game the common line I'd see is that he might be decent against small teams but he hasn't been tested against big teams, since then ofc he's had clean sheets against City and Chelsea (and another club in a relegation scrap but I guess that one doesn't count).

People rave about VdV and Slabhead but they are both brain-dead footballers who only look good with good players around them telling them what to do ... Dier is the opposite a super intelligent footballer who looks at his best when telling his defensive partners what to do.

Mourinho said "captain" "leader" "clever player" and it's starting to show ...

Is he the world's best footballer? Far from it but was Graham Roberts? Tony Adams? even Stevie P ... no but they knew how to get the job done, Dier is in the same mould ... one of our own for years to come.

A lot of people used to argue exactly that. Before the City game the common line I'd see is that he might be decent against small teams but he hasn't been tested against big teams, since then ofc he's had clean sheets against City and Chelsea (and another club in a relegation scrap but I guess that one doesn't count).
He was dodgy defensively last season.

He’s cleared that up this season though, in fact his defending against long balls has been outstanding.

If only he could fix his ball distribution as well...

Yesterday was perfect for Dier. A combination of them being about a threatening as the tea lady, our tactics making them attack a certain way and a good day for Dier himself.

He was poor at Chelsea but much better yesterday,

Back
Top Bottom