Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a really good season, and I'm very happy for him given the rough time he's had with illness and injury. Would love it if he'd just tidy up those long balls, overhits so many.

Having a really good season, and I'm very happy for him given the rough time he's had with illness and injury. Would love it if he'd just tidy up those long balls, overhits so many.
Thought he was a bit better with those tonight but agree if he needs to tidy those up most games

Thought he was a bit better with those tonight but agree if he needs to tidy those up most games
Worth keeping in mind that this is first season as a CB after quite a long time at DM and his injury troubles for 2 years.

For those wondering/that cannot be bothered to read the article in the standard.

This happened in May when there was a temporary speeding camera set up on a 40mph road leading to the training ground.

Lamela was caught speeding twice whilst Dier was caught once.

Others to have been caught speeding by the camera include Vertonghen and Defoe.

Have to say that this guy has been an absolute rock for us just about all season. Our play style is absolutely perfect for him as well.

Not saying he's the be all end all, but wow has he been effective.

For those wondering/that cannot be bothered to read the article in the standard.

This happened in May when there was a temporary speeding camera set up on a 40mph road leading to the training ground.

Lamela was caught speeding twice whilst Dier was caught once.

Others to have been caught speeding by the camera include Vertonghen and Defoe.
Are we sure it's a government speed cam?
Something tells me we just got a nice little reduction on the wage bill!:levyeyes:

When Toby isn't playing Dier takes on the mantle of "long ball merchant", nowhere near as effective as Toby so that can get annoying and I think he over does it at times.

Other than that, very happy with him this season.

Thought we were in for a painful learning season from this guy at the start of the season based on his CB performances, however I am happy to be wrong on that front as he seems to have taken to it very quickly. Agree that the team's defensive setup and performance around him helps, but he seems to be more aggressive and commanding than our other options at the moment.

Performing very well at the moment and hopefully he can continue going from strength to strength.

Back
Top Bottom