Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had a decent game but I just want to point out a bad habit Dier has which he repeated against Wolves: at the 32nd minute of the game he raised his hand to signal for off-side. In pre-VAR times this was "legitimate" as it could (not saying it would) sway a ref and/or linesman but now a days it's totally unnecessary and take your focus away from the game. He's done it in previous games and thus loses his focus (not much but "enough" to matter).

Playing well again. Though I do think we need a better ball playing center half to pair with him or Sanchez. Him and Sanchez together hamper our ability to keep possession.

He dealt very well with all the deliveries into the box but the instant he tried to step out and play he almost cost us the match. I don’t want to see him striding about in the opponents half. Just stick to clearing the ball from the penalty box.

Defence was almost faultless for another 90 minutes and yet we still have "in the xx minute he picked his nose with the wrong hand" comments ... why?

The reality is that confidence is the key for many players, both Dier and Sanchez look different players when confident. Hugo is a rock, the two kids Regulion and Tanganga have bought boundless energy to the flanks, having a midfield two instead of Hojbjerg + no-one has given the back four protection they simply didn't have last season.

Will they still make mistakes? Of course they will I doubt there is a single defender on the planet who doesn't make at least one mistake a game, but overall they are now showing the potential that these two plus Rodon and Romero could bring to our defence, not only this season, but for the next 6/7 years.

He had a decent game but I just want to point out a bad habit Dier has which he repeated against Wolves: at the 32nd minute of the game he raised his hand to signal for off-side. In pre-VAR times this was "legitimate" as it could (not saying it would) sway a ref and/or linesman but now a days it's totally unnecessary and take your focus away from the game. He's done it in previous games and thus loses his focus (not much but "enough" to matter).
did that tonight too... puts him a step behind the attacker

With the benefit of hindsight, Mourinho did well to stick with Eric Dier, at a time when he was getting pilloried from all sides. Over the past 12 months he has become a strong, dependable team member (similarities to Harry Maguire).
So far this season he has been a rock in defence. He's bound to make a mistake soon - we all do - but that shouldn't distract from the massive improvement in his reliability, of late.

With the benefit of hindsight, Mourinho did well to stick with Eric Dier, at a time when he was getting pilloried from all sides. Over the past 12 months he has become a strong, dependable team member (similarities to Harry Maguire).
So far this season he has been a rock in defence. He's bound to make a mistake soon - we all do - but that shouldn't distract from the massive improvement in his reliability, of late.
Hes already made a big mistake this season, when he ventured out of position vs wolves and gave the ball away. Luckily the goal chance fell to traore who isnt a finisher.

Hes already made a big mistake this season, when he ventured out of position vs wolves and gave the ball away. Luckily the goal chance fell to traore who isnt a finisher.
"...but that shouldn't distract from the massive improvement in his reliability, of late."

...to quote myself!

Back
Top Bottom