Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will ask them and get to the bottom of it!!!

But yea they have both been decent. Sanchez was very obviously better though, its just very strange for anyone pick Dier over him from the past 3 games. One made a blatant goal giving error, the other didnt.
D for dunce

He was tackled and dispossessed, that's NOT an error.

You sound heartbroken.
The error was taking the ball forward so he was out of position and attempting to dribble past an opponent , losing it and we nearly conceded as a result

Totally unnecessary and we were lucky to get away with it

Not sure why everyone was getting hyped from the good start. This was never going to last with Sanchez and Dier as your centre backs. A pair of clowns that will always be a pair of clowns. I just knew the inevitable was happening with these 2. Literally can’t believe they are our 1St choice partnership. Utterly depressing.

Hopefully that is the end of him in the PL for us, but of course we all know he will continue getting chances even though he is complete shit.

We believed his hype jose wanted him at united so we were taken in hook line & sinker we thought ahh no, he must good we will give him a new contract lucky us now we’re stuck with him he’s not going anywhere

Feel as if he is playing as midfielder. Instead of taking action to block, put pressure on the attacker; he keeps positioning away from them, to block non existent passing lane in our own box. No one is behind to sweeping thing for him no more. Can't see a opponent's shot for a pass.

:nunofacepalm:

How this tramp gets away with stuff while other gets railed is beyond me. Fucks up almost every single game. Should be one of the first ones to be dumped alongside doherty and winks.

How this tramp gets away with stuff while other gets railed is beyond me. Fucks up almost every single game. Should be one of the first ones to be dumped alongside doherty and winks.
I think it has something to do with all these "first ones" would amount to like half our squad. He too has many bad games, but he has more good games out of him than his peers. We may argue the case of Rodon and Tanganga being inexperienced but our managers don't trust them enough to drop this guy.

I wanted Toby to stay for this season. He also imperfect, but saving his wage and just limiting our CB options like this is really worrying. Now teams playing against us knowing that we can't escape from field of of these error prone CBs. They're given extra confidence to go at us. even Wolves and Man City result only papered over the cracks of our CB performance.

Last edited:
Feel as if he is playing as midfielder. Instead of taking action to block, put pressure on the attacker; he keeps positioning away from them, to block non existent passing lane in our own box. No one is behind to sweeping thing for him no more. Can't see a opponent's shot for a pass.

:nunofacepalm:
He was a great CB and RB before Poch fucked him up by playing him at CDM, which had the unfortunate effect of getting Eric to imagine himself as a CM. I guess we did do a fair number of good things with him at CDM, but it had a lot to do with Dembele and Wanyama. Anyways yea he overplays way too much on the ball and has some horrendous errors. I like Dier personally I just wish he could get back to his old self as a badass mobile CB and RB.

Back
Top Bottom