Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it started with romero losing the ball. But dier should have known watkins is making that run. He remained close enough to watkins. Problem is, he is very very slow. So he couldnt match watkins' run. If it was romero or even sanchez or tanganga instead of dier. they would have slid in to stop that ball going through to watkins. Goal avoided.

You can still like the guy if you want, but its painfully obvious how much his lack of movement hurts us.

Faster than Alexi Sanchez......

:dier:

Romero is carrying a knee injury.

Signing injured players is another thing we are very good at.

He injured his knee away to Paccos in his first start. It actually looked pretty painful.

You missed his part in the goal we conceded? I remember pointing out Winks was shit very early on, but the 'believers' kept seeing something in him. Theyve given up hope finally , including the manager.

Poch had given up on Dier. Jose his big fan had given up on Dier and sooner or later Nuno will give up on Dier. But there will still be some on here thinking 'he was solid' while he stands there just watching goals scored against us like a CB version of Doherty.

Dier was nowhere to be seen when they scored. I mean, he was right there by the player that scored and had very opportunity to clear it, but he stood there, still as a statue, like he so often does. He's not an intelligent defender.
I was on Winks' case years ago and the amount of people that were sticking up for him was unreal. It was painfully obvious is was a hindrance to any kind of attacking play. Under Poch when we were scoring 80% posession but struggling to break teams down, that was Winks passing the ball back to Toby 87 times a game and then getting caught out when teams broke.

Eric was excellent, you can't put the goal entirely on him.

Ndombele failed to even make an attempt at a tackle in the build up.

Moura didn't cover the defensive space and didn't track his runner. This left Royal in a 2 vs 1.

Romero had pushed up and missed his tackle.

The pass into the box was inch perfect.

But sure, it was all Dier's fault. (can't we also blame Hugo for not saving it?)

Eric was not excellent. He had an ok game against a team that offered little threat. When they did conjure something up. he folded and we conceded. He lost his man, like he so often does and that gives us no hope of recovery,

Of course it started with romero losing the ball. But dier should have known watkins is making that run. He remained close enough to watkins. Problem is, he is very very slow. So he couldnt match watkins' run. If it was romero or even sanchez or tanganga instead of dier. they would have slid in to stop that ball going through to watkins. Goal avoided.

You can still like the guy if you want, but its painfully obvious how much his lack of movement hurts us.
And he is often guilty of ball watching and being completely unaware of what’s happening behind him

And he is often guilty of ball watching and being completely unaware of what’s happening behind him
Yesterday was almost our best team. Either Rodon/Tanganga fights out the spot next to Romero and Ndombe/Locelso fight for the attacking MF/10 spot. We can actually win games if our best 11 gets on the pitch more often.

Yesterday was almost our best team. Either Rodon/Tanganga fights out the spot next to Romero and Ndombe/Locelso fight for the attacking MF/10 spot. We can actually win games if our best 11 gets on the pitch more often.
Rodon for me and Tanganga RB or even in front of the defence but still a bit rash

Every fucking week. Why does he still get picked.
I think Nuno is looking for a traditional right and left footed CB pairing. I don’t think any of our CBS are natural left footers BUT Dier can use his left foot to hoof it whereas Sanchez is very right footed. That’s the only thing I can think of because I think Sanchez is a more natural CB than Dier IMO

Back
Top Bottom