Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, let's forget about all the dodgy games he's had for us over the last few years and all those rushes of blood to the head where he's cost us a goal.

Him being less shit than Sanchez and one or two others means little.
You are 100% right. Even with Conte hes been making mistakes which other players have managed to save us from. We need improvements at CB, hopefully we get some new ones in the summer.

Dier will always have an error of judgement in him but he reads the game well generally, has a good balance between being committed and standing off, and it’s not going to be outmuscled by anyone either. Throw in that he’s vocal and a pretty good passer and there’s much to work with. I don’t think you could put him in a 2 man defence unless you paired him with someone absolutely rapid, but in a 3 where most of what he has to deal with is coming straight at him, and off from the flanks will have been disrupted by the wide centre backs, he’s actually very good.

Conte needs signings in some areas where were deficient, but he’s showing himself very good at finding roles that will mitigate certain players weaknesses and maximise their strengths. You might ask why he can do that with Dier, Davies and Sanchez but not certainn others… I’d suggest the level of application from the respective players is the key indicator here.

He seems like one of the only leaders on the pitch so we should stick with him. Hopefully conte can get the best out of him again and if we are continuing with 3 CB's him and romero should always be in the team when fit.

Last edited:
This is just a woeful take!!

Nothing to do with the fact we had to absolute cunts managing us? Nothing to do with how we set up and played under these two managers (the worst two performing managers in 20yrs)!!!??!

He's just trying to save face, I don't know why people just cannot admit they're wrong sometimes, it makes you really foolish.

Yes, let's forget about all the dodgy games he's had for us over the last few years and all those rushes of blood to the head where he's cost us a goal.

Him being less shit than Sanchez and one or two others means little.
He's the best we've got at the moment, and we can't replace them all in one or two windows. He definitely has his flaws, but I feel like confidence in the back line as a whole would minimize the errors he has made that have cost us. In Alderweireld's last couple of years, he was night and day when you considered who he was paired with...with Vertonghen he looked very good, but with Sanchez, he looked average at best (or past it, which I think was the final "verdict"), because he made errors while trying to cover up for Sanchez's constant mistakes. When it comes to centerbacks, "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch", or "you are only as good as your worst" defender. I think if we want to battle for Top 2 or 3, he isn't going to be good enough to start regularly, but he's good enough to keep around for a rotation option.

He's just trying to save face, I don't know why people just cannot admit they're wrong sometimes, it makes you really foolish.

Or maybe I just don't think he's good, and hasn't been a few years, unlike yourself? Not everybody will share the same opinion on players as yourself, you twonk.

He's improved thus far under Conte but then so has Ben Davies and Harry Winks. He's still and will always be a carthorse, one that also has rushes of blood to the head. Being a bit less shit perhaps than the likes of Sanchez means next to nothing.

Or maybe I just don't think he's good, and hasn't been a few years, unlike yourself? Not everybody will share the same opinion on players as yourself, you twonk.

He's improved thus far under Conte but then so has Ben Davies and Harry Winks. He's still and will always be a carthorse, one that also has rushes of blood to the head. Being a bit less shit perhaps than the likes of Sanchez means next to nothing.

You know you're actually allowed to hold an opinion where you might not rate him such as others but still admit that we suffer when he's not in the team? I mean we are adults here aren't we?

Back
Top Bottom