Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're not blessed with great speakers are we. Dier mumbles in every accent known to man. Kane stumbles around cliches whilst chewing a wasp, poch is blunt as fuck in between errrrrrs.

We're not blessed with great speakers are we. Dier mumbles in every accent known to man. Kane stumbles around cliches whilst chewing a wasp, poch is blunt as fuck in between errrrrrs.
It isn't something very Spursy is it, although I envisage that when our moment in the sun finally comes and we win the CL, we'll be captained by a former public school boy who is the reincarnation of Harry Hotspur, leading his army of illiterate plebs to swashbuckling glory.

It isn't something very Spursy is it, although I envisage that when our moment in the sun finally comes and we win the CL, we'll be captained by a former public school boy who is the reincarnation of Harry Hotspur, leading his army of illiterate plebs to swashbuckling glory.
Lloris is sexy is fuck and if he whispered in my ear id probably bend over, but he has the longest eeerrrrrrrssss ever and he always looks angry. The smouldering little cunt never smiles.

I think Dier is a very calm and good speaker tbh, Mason speaks well and Lloris and verts are cold as ice as well.

Eric Dier appreciation post.

CPyKVV7UEAA8pVe.jpg

1408262590536_wps_1_epa04356702_Tottenham_Hot.jpg

image.jpg

Indeed. Eriksen is so dry, it sometimes looks like he's about to fall asleep while interviewed.

The only half decent speakers are Vertonghen, Lloris, Mason and definitely Bentaleb.

Maybe true, but we have a bunch of players with a cuntiness we've been missing for some time. Dier, Alli, Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Rose. They all play chippy and on the pitch take zero fucks from anyone. Quite refreshing.

Fuck i'd forgotten just how good Sandro could be. But watching that, its not hard to see how he's ended up broken.
I don't think Diers quite at "Sandro at his best" level
but he's far more consistent and doesnt play in a way that will have him retired at 28 with two prosthetic legs.

Fuck i'd forgotten just how good Sandro could be. But watching that, its not hard to see how he's ended up broken.
I don't think Diers quite at "Sandro at his best" level
but he's far more consistent and doesnt play in a way that will have him retired at 28 with two prosthetic legs.
Why even compare the two? One is the greatest man to ever walk the planet, the other is a nutter Brazilian who did karate

I find it hard to believe that Dier is not on the list of nominees for 'Player of the Month' He has been truly excellent !

Dier is a far superior than Sandro. He has already scored more goals than him! He can play 90mins. He's levels of fitness are way better, can play week in week out and back to back games and, so far, maintain a consistently high level of performance whilst doing so. He has been with us for just over 1 season and has already made half the number of appearances Sandro did in 4 seasons. He can play in three positions, well in two and excel in the other. (Everyone remember when we dropped Sandro into CB against Chelsea and he got raped). Believed Sandro was also present for all of our thrashings from Citeh, Chavs and Liverpool providing absolutely zero protection for an exposed Dawson and Kaboul. (Just for context, Darren Anderton averaged more games per season than Sandro).

I'd take Dier over Sandro everyday of the week, he is a far more intelligent footballer.

I know Sandro became a fan favourite, I liked him, but it is no surprise to me to see him now, not playing, in the Championship. He was built up by the fans as a beast, which he loved and re-inforced this image through his social media account rather than on the pitch. One of the first players to get the boot and rightly so in my opinion.

Dier is a far superior than Sandro. He has already scored more goals than him! He can play 90mins. He's levels of fitness are way better, can play week in week out and back to back games and, so far, maintain a consistently high level of performance whilst doing so. He has been with us for just over 1 season and has already made half the number of appearances Sandro did in 4 seasons. He can play in three positions, well in two and excel in the other. (Everyone remember when we dropped Sandro into CB against Chelsea and he got raped). Believed Sandro was also present for all of our thrashings from Citeh, Chavs and Liverpool providing absolutely zero protection for an exposed Dawson and Kaboul. (Just for context, Darren Anderton averaged more games per season than Sandro).

I'd take Dier over Sandro everyday of the week, he is a far more intelligent footballer.

I know Sandro became a fan favourite, I liked him, but it is no surprise to me to see him now, not playing, in the Championship. He was built up by the fans as a beast, which he loved and re-inforced this image through his social media account rather than on the pitch. One of the first players to get the boot and rightly so in my opinion.

Agree with all of this. One thing alone that makes me prefer Dier is his ability to pass in front people and not behind them like Sandro always did. Dier gets us moving while Sandro always and expertly slowed us down with his poor and passive passing.

Indeed. Eriksen is so dry, it sometimes looks like he's about to fall asleep while interviewed.

The only half decent speakers are Vertonghen, Lloris, Mason and definitely Bentaleb.

If ONLY Stephen Fry could kick a ball!

Comparisons were more the way they eat the ground up to win the ball back and brilliant positional sense to cut out passes.

Dier is more forward orientated although that could be more to do with Poch being manager and not AVB etc.

Back
Top Bottom