Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Catalonia, they have high hopes that he ends up there, i.e. at Barca. Sport.es have even photoshopped 2 front site photos of him in the Barca shirt

River Lea Banks 🇺🇦

Підтримуйте Україну
In Catalonia, they have high hopes that he ends up there, i.e. at Barca. Sport.es have even photoshopped 2 front site photos of him in the Barca shirt

Ain't Barca bankrupt?

They recently got a €500m loan from Goldman Sachs. I have no idea how that works out regarding the FFP rules...
Wage cap is likely to be less next year, they just gave umtiti a 4 year extension (hasn't played this year nor likely to play again) to fudge a way to sign Torres.

500m loan doesn't change this - they need to save €4 off the bill for every €1 they give Haarland.

Wage cap is likely to be less next year, they just gave umtiti a 4 year extension (hasn't played this year nor likely to play again) to fudge a way to sign Torres.

500m loan doesn't change this - they need to save €4 off the bill for every €1 they give Haarland.
The reason they extended the contract of Umtiti was that he was unwilling to leave (there were many offers for him) so they could either cancel his contract or extend it if he lowered his salary (which he did) and they hope to be able to sell him later. Umtiti is also part of the mess, and he is very unpopular among the Barca fans - and it hasn't helped that he's always out injured
It's a mess...

The reason they extended the contract of Umtiti was that he was unwilling to leave (there were many offers for him) so they could either cancel his contract or extend it if he lowered his salary (which he did) and they hope to be able to sell him later. Umtiti is also part of the mess, and he is very unpopular among the Barca fans - and it hasn't helped that he's always out injured
It's a mess...
They gave him a 4 year extension on a lower wage so their wage bill for this year was less, this allowed them to register Torres.

Creative accounting to get around their wage cap.

It's a mess...
Fyi

Quote tweeting the renewal, they said: “Through this contract extension FC Barcelona will be able to increase its ‘financial fair play’ quota and thus register Ferran Torres.”

I'm yet to be entirely convinced by him. You can't argue with his record but he's yet to be truly tested. He has all the physical tools and is decent technically, so I have non doubts he'll become a wonderful player. But do believe he gets hyped a little too much, too soon.

ShutUpPatrik

Supporter
Now I'm a big fat dynamo!
He's getting a wooden statue put up in his hometown.

It looks to follow in the proud tradition of Ronaldo's statue.

qlDUBKNc5rCMN-RQ4reRDAE3N9Z6p2FQ1jmzP-8TbGAw.jpg

Top Bottom