Euro 2020 - Can We Win It?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Flav is joined by James Lawrence Allcott as we pick the bones of the win v Croatia, the grudge match against Scotland and dreaming of a wonderful summer

- Patreon - The Fighting Cock is creating podcasts | Patreon

- Instagram - Login • Instagram

- Twitter - http://bit.ly/2wleG6z

- Facebook - Log in to Facebook

- WhatsApp - https://bit.ly/3dhrQTd

- YouTube - http://bit.ly/2I31iH7

- Twitch - Twitch -

A Tottenham Hotspur Podcast, Up the Spurs!

See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.

Not a chance. Other nation’s players pull on the international shirt and become twice the player they are at club level. On the whole ours become half the player in an England shirt than they are at their club. Take the Iceland debacle as a good example

Not a chance. Other nation’s players pull on the international shirt and become twice the player they are at club level. On the whole ours become half the player in an England shirt than they are at their club. Take the Iceland debacle as a good example
Harsh..... But totally true

It's barely ever the case that a player actually performs better in The England side..... Whether its the pressure or fear of being called out who knows.

Or is it just the hunger and desire and the fact that other teams seem to maybe want it more.

Euro 96 we should have won it and that's the best chance we've had in 50+years

Can we win it? Yes we have undoubtedly the best attacking talent in the whole competition, Will we win it? Unfortunately Gary is a bit like Jose and he won’t chose to play to our strengths , he will take it cautious and we will go out against a half decent team. I know it sounds stupid but we could have done with losing our opening game which might have forced Gary to change his ways and find a way to get Foden , Sancho, Grealish and Kane into the starting 11!

A certain Jimmy Greaves said that back in the late 60s annd was never forgiven by the establishment.
He sadi players don't play with the same fire in their bellies for country as they do for their clubs.And he was talking about England.

A certain Jimmy Greaves said that back in the late 60s annd was never forgiven by the establishment.
He sadi players don't play with the same fire in their bellies for country as they do for their clubs.And he was talking about England.
And I think he was probably right, their club pays their wages not country. well thats my view, dont bite off the hand that feeds you.

It is weird but I think yes but we won't although we could get close.

Bizarrely I think it will be how strongly Southgate handles Kane.

Number one striker yes but not necessarily the striker that will score the goals to win it.

Knowing when to take him off might well be key. Defensively I think we look really strong and I think Grealish will have a part to play as we progress.

So for me it's a close call for the first time in a long long time.

Disagree with practically everything said above, and feel that this crop of players really do care enough to play at the level they do for their club. Whether we actually do win it will depend largely on the luck of the draw, but I think the opinions expressed above generally haven't been relevant for 4 years or so

Disagree with practically everything said above, and feel that this crop of players really do care enough to play at the level they do for their club. Whether we actually do win it will depend largely on the luck of the draw, but I think the opinions expressed above generally haven't been relevant for 4 years or so

Ok Gareth. Can you play Grealish please?

Back
Top Bottom