Euro 2020 tickets

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s a well known fact that the most vulnerable time to concede a goal against you is immediately after you yourself have scored

No, it's not a fact. What it actually is, is a hackneyed cliché.

for example...

The New Scientist said:
A popular myth is that teams are vulnerable after scoring. A simple
way to test this is to investigate games that end 1-1 and find out when the
equaliser was scored. Across two Premier League seasons, 127 games ended 1-1.
For each game I divided the minutes remaining after the first goal into four
quarters. If the pundits are right we would expect more equalising goals in the
first quarter than the final one. Actually equalising goals are more common in
the final quarter (31 per cent) than the first (17 per cent).

Dude, you joined this forum last month. If anyone's a multi...
There are a number of posters that react to my posts four or five times consecutively then go silent for a while before repeating the process it appears due to obvious idiosyncrasies the same person in another guise.

I wonder can you guess who has reacted to my posts three successive times inside a [two minute] period this morning? :levystare:

Last edited:
No, it's not a fact. What it actually is, is a hackneyed cliché.

for example...

The point is “mindset” but clearly that went over your head.

Actually England didn’t concede immediately after scoring - the cliche if you want to put it that way was used as a way of focusing attention on the point of [mindset] and the job at hand.

The days of excessive or over celebrating after a goal should be confined to the past; it doesn’t mean don’t celebrate - it merely means don’t over egg the pudding.

I made this very point the night of the semi final and I’ve made it many times since, and this is the first time I have found any disagreement!

Perhaps it’s the American Spurs fans here that are disagreeing; as judging by the goal celebrations of the USA women’s World Cup team; even up against minos’ this over celebrating seems the norm!

There are a number of posters that react to my posts four or five times consecutively then go silent for a while before repeating the process it appears due to obvious idiosyncrasies the same person in another guise.

I wonder can you guess who has reacted to my posts three successive times inside a [two minute] period this morning? :levystare:
I responded a few times as you were doing a very good job of answering a question I didn't ask.

Does a mad unprofessional celebration show they care about an international game. Apparently it doesn't, as we all go mad when we don't care about something.

does it show the players cared?

Actually, there’s now in place a [new]previously unforeseen reason for players to address the over celebrating. I don’t like [VAR] but both we and Man City have hard evidence of how the new system can break hearts as it did theirs in the quarter final; I think today there needs to be a pause once the ball hits the net... just in case VAR steps in.

Actually, there’s now in place a [new]previously unforeseen reason for players to address the over celebrating. I don’t like [VAR] but both we and Man City have hard evidence of how the new system can break hearts as it did theirs in the quarter final; I think today there needs to be a pause once the ball hits the net... just in case VAR steps in.
That's got nothing to do with my question... Are you a politician?

You seem to be criticise players for caring to much but also think that they don't give a shit about international football.

Last edited:
That's got nothing to do with my question... Are you a politician?

You seem to be criticise players for caring to much but also think that they don't give a shit about international football.

If you care enough you discipline yourself sufficiently so as to win the game. Over celebrating is what schoolboys do in the schoolyard.

I am having real difficulty when trying the log in to the Eufa euro 2020 site

Every time I go to buy tickets it just says

You will be logged out

It then logs me out, so I can't buy tickets. Does anybody know of a solution to this ?

One week to go on this for anyone interested. I watch England and Ireland internationally and I've put in for all the London games, the two GS games in Dublin which don't clash with London, the Last 16 games in Dublin and Copenhagen which England would play in if they finished 1st or 2nd respectively in their group, and the QF in Rome England would play in if they won that L16 tie in Dublin. 12 games in total, expect I'll be lucky to get one or two or them.

One week to go on this for anyone interested. I watch England and Ireland internationally and I've put in for all the London games, the two GS games in Dublin which don't clash with London, the Last 16 games in Dublin and Copenhagen which England would play in if they finished 1st or 2nd respectively in their group, and the QF in Rome England would play in if they won that L16 tie in Dublin. 12 games in total, expect I'll be lucky to get one or two or them.
I thought you get all or none of what you apply for?
Is that not right?

I've gone for most Wembley games and 1 in Dublin.

Back
Top Bottom