EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's crap organisation...... Then tomorrow there's 2 rounds of matches - the first at 17:00 when everyone's at poxy work.

They should do the 2nd round draw once the group matches are complete too.

All this "let's finish 2nd to get an easier run" bollocks needs to end.

They should do the 2nd round draw once the group matches are complete too.

All this "let's finish 2nd to get an easier run" bollocks needs to end.
I like the idea but there’d have to be a 3 day pause between group and knockout stage. In case a team from the last group drew the first knockout game…

160e357ef0d3b6822abd5183953abd08.jpg

Italy changed around their line up today but they were also playing without any pressure. And also the Italians that started would have been busting a gut to try and impress and give themselves the best chance to start the next game, so I don't believe for a moment they weren't extremely motivated to keep their run going. Momentum means a lot in tournament football too.
Quite possibly.

But what team would Wales have preferred to play: The one that Played against Switzerland or the one that played yesterday? The one that was already qualified or the one that hadn't?

Superb competition so far. Really enjoying it.

No team looks completely dominant but from what I have seen Italy, France and Germany will be hard to beat.

The Netherlands look fragile, we are too dependent on players who are not quite at it and then of course there is a surprise package to come. (Whether people want to hear it or not Kane of 3/4 years ago was what this current team need and in my humble opinion he is not a leader of men.

The captain if fitness were assured could be Maguire or even a very impressive Mings, with my numero uno pick being Henderson) You need a certain character as your leader for big tournaments in my opinion and the Liverpool man has it more than any other in the England squad.

Looking at the Czech Republic it could be them in terms of a dark horse which makes the game against us very interesting. In some respects it is who is good enough to lose because finishing 2nd looks better than winning the group.

In truth it's just nice to watch football with crowds and without too much pain in the outcome..

Last edited:
I don't get it mate. What's contentious in what I've posted?

It's more the fact you still think it's reasonable to bang that drum. You clearly refuse to give credit where it's due and your assinine comments on the post match punditry show a lot about yourself.

You're boring us all now, tbh. If you're not man enough to give Wales credit, then just wind your neck in and move on.

The more you continue to post your blatant anti-Welsh rhetoric, the more I want to see Czech Republic fuck England in the ass, and spoil the rest of your summer. (And that's all because of you - YOUR postings make me feel this way).

:dembelefingers:

It's more the fact you still think it's reasonable to bang that drum. You clearly refuse to give credit where it's due and your assinine comments on the post match punditry show a lot about yourself.

You're boring us all now, tbh. If you're not man enough to give Wales credit, then just wind your neck in and move on.

The more you continue to post your blatant anti-Welsh rhetoric, the more I want to see Czech Republic fuck England in the ass, and spoil the rest of your summer. (And that's all because of you - YOUR postings make me feel this way).

:dembelefingers:
Wow!

I don't think the Welsh deserve "credit". That's all, it's no biggie, is it?

They've not been great, they've not been shit. They've been par. They haven't raised their game, they've beaten the worst team in their Group, just as everyone else did. Drew against a side that's on par with them and lost easily to the best team in the group.

Even you were absolutely shitting yourself against Italy during that game.

I don't get what I've posted can be viewed as anti-Welsh or contentious. I don't have a desire to see Wales get beat (I would of course if they played England, I'm sure this would be felt mutually in the opposite), I would probably want them to do well in the Tournament if England were knocked out and Wales remained in it.

I just can't stand the fake commentary that has surrounded their games so far. If Wales had been playing "out of their skin"s, or played with #togetherness and with #passion and #spirt then that would have been on show against the Swiss. That didn't happen.

Ther's no disgrace losing to Italy, even a B team, they would smash England right now (including their B Team). But yesterday you were completely outplayed, why does it cause you such angst to hear this, why does me pointing out this makes me anti-Welsh?

Wow!

I don't think the Welsh deserve "credit". That's all, it's no biggie, is it?

They've not been great, they've not been shit. They've been par. They haven't raised their game, they've beaten the worst team in their Group, just as everyone else did. Drew against a side that's on par with them and lost easily to the best team in the group.

Even you were absolutely shitting yourself against Italy during that game.

I don't get what I've posted can be viewed as anti-Welsh or contentious. I don't have a desire to see Wales get beat (I would of course if they played England, I'm sure this would be felt mutually in the opposite), I would probably want them to do well in the Tournament if England were knocked out and Wales remained in it.

I just can't stand the fake commentary that has surrounded their games so far. If Wales had been playing "out of their skin"s, or played with #togetherness and with #passion and #spirt then that would have been on show against the Swiss. That didn't happen.

Ther's no disgrace losing to Italy, even a B team, they would smash England right now (including their B Team). But yesterday you were completely outplayed, why does it cause you such angst to hear this, why does me pointing out this makes me anti-Welsh?

Because you describe it as 'completely outplayed' whereas most sensibly and reasonably view it as a pretty heroic defensive effort (second half especially), You use troll language.

Wales have been playing with togetherness, passion and spirit and that's absolutely on display for those who understand football and aren't blinded by biased bullshit.

But I've made the mistake of falling into your trolling trap. I'll butt out and stick you on ignore, like I should have done yesterday.

You've proven to everyone here you don't watch football and don't have a clue about it. Delete your account and save yourself from further humiliation. Jog on, you wetwipe.

Because you describe it as 'completely outplayed' whereas most sensibly and reasonably view it as a pretty heroic defensive effort (second half especially), You use troll language.

Wales have been playing with togetherness, passion and spirit and that's absolutely on display for those who understand football and aren't blinded by biased bullshit.

But I've made the mistake of falling into your trolling trap. I'll butt out and stick you on ignore, like I should have done yesterday.

You've proven to everyone here you don't watch football and don't have a clue about it. Delete your account and save yourself from further humiliation. Jog on, you wetwipe.

You were totally dominated and outplayed..............

E4WNBG2WEAIZLbp

E4WBKmuWEAEoZn1

Saying this doesn't make me anti-Welsh, a troll or biased.

Surely, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and cretinousgoat cretinousgoat are never gonna agree so why not leave it.
Guido thinks Wales deserve no credit.
Cretinousgoat does.
Never the twain shall meet.

In context, I think Wales, for a smaller country, have done really well and I have enjoyed their games. They have over achieved based on their past tournament history and population and percentage of 'stars'.

Fair play to Wales.

Surely, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and cretinousgoat cretinousgoat are never gonna agree so why not leave it.
Cretinousgoat does.

In context, I think Wales, for a smaller country, have done really well and I have enjoyed their games. They have over achieved based on their past tournament history and population and percentage of 'stars'.

Fair play to Wales.

I have used the ignore function for now whilst I cool off and move on. All good 👍🏾

Cretinousgoat does.

Fair play to Wales.
Also, if your Welsh and support Wales then clearly you're for them which is awesome, if you don't support them (I assume Guido doesn't) what does it really matter?

Also, if your Welsh and support Wales then clearly you're for them which is awesome, if you don't support them (I assume Guido doesn't) what does it really matter?
Just reflecting on the game that was played mate (and the others that they have played previously). No different than I do with any other game I watch regardless of who's playing.

Back
Top Bottom