EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unpopular opinion, but I think sometimes Ronaldo makes the team play a lot worse. He's too much of a "ball magnet", teammates always looking to pass him the ball, even when there are much better options around... Everything revolves around him, and that makes the team as a whole suffer, even if he does have those moments of brilliance.

If we were playing Portugal I'd much rather us be up against Andre Silva than Ronaldo. While Ronaldo isn't and has never been a team player, he's a an absolute goal machine and scores in the biggest games and moments again and again. The likes of Jota, Bernando Silva, Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes, although all great players, wouldn't worry me half as much.

Last edited:
I think England could reach the Final but only if we avoid France en route.

France are such strong favourites. Quality everywhere. Dare I say it but perhaps their biggest weakness is their goalie.

:llorisunsure:

Their backline as a whole isn't as strong as other areas. Varane is top quality but while Kimpebe, Hernandez and Pavard are all good to very good players, they're not Desailly, Lizarazu and Thuram etc.

In fact I don't think this France side, although they are rightly favourites, are anywhere near as good as the one back then when they also had the likes of Vieira, Petit, Zidane and Henry. But most other Nations aren't as strong now as they were back then either to be fair.

Their backline as a whole isn't as strong as other areas. Varane is top quality but while Kimpebe, Hernandez and Pavard are all good to very good players, they're not Desailly, Lizarazu and Thuram etc.

In fact I don't think this France side, although they are rightly favourites, are anywhere near as good as the one back then when they also had the likes of Vieira, Petit, Zidane and Henry. But most other Nations aren't as strong now as they were back then either to be fair.

Yeah good point but with Kante protecting their back four opposition teams may need to focus on attacking them out wide.

Remove France and it's a very open tournament. Who knows? Maybe they won't even make it out of their group?

Yeah good point but with Kante protecting their back four opposition teams may need to focus on attacking them out wide.

Remove France and it's a very open tournament. Who knows? Maybe they won't even make it out of their group?

France do love to implode every now and again...

They have the best squad in the tournament. But I don't see them as having a much better starting 11 than a few other teams. Mbappe, Griezmann and Benzema is the best front three though.

Micah Richards giving his expert opinion that having good players is a bad thing:

"I actually think France are going to struggle. They have got too much quality and that means too many arguments. You know what it's like in the camp - it will be who's taking the free-kick? Who's taking the penalty? There will be too much ego in that squad, so they are going to struggle - you heard it here first."

How do these muppets get work?

England have a good as chance as the French or the Germans. Our primary issues will be Southgate being too conservative going forward and picking players that are injured like rashford, Henderson and maguire.

Maguire back in training for England. Never been his biggest fan but I think United missed him a lot in those games in which he wasn't available last season. His aerial ability and organizational skills can't be questioned, and he's certainly a hell of a lot better than the likes of Mings and Coady.

As long as Ronaldo stays fit you'll be just fine. He's almost a cheat code. I'd actually fancy England's chances against Portugal without him, being at home, so to speak. Games between England and Portugal are usually extremely close anyway, even if in the end we do come up short even if it's only on penalties.
Perfect for this Portugal team but probably held Juventus back (despite his goals) as the style of play and players were not suited to him.

2 out of 6 third-placed teams will not make it out of the group, so there's always that possibility... Like when the World Cup used to have 24 teams too.
They are going to play all those group games to eliminate 8 teams.
It’s a stupid format, it should be 4 groups of 4 with the top 2 in each group going straight to the last 8. Then there would be almost no dead games at the tournament.

England have a good as chance as the French or the Germans. Our primary issues will be Southgate being too conservative going forward and picking players that are injured like rashford, Henderson and maguire.

japan laughing GIF

Back
Top Bottom