EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah good point but with Kante protecting their back four opposition teams may need to focus on attacking them out wide.

Remove France and it's a very open tournament. Who knows? Maybe they won't even make it out of their group?

If we win our group then we'll face either Germany, France or Portugal in the first knockout stage.....

:dembele:

If England had a semi-decent manager I’d say you’d be one of the favorites. Great all around squad, don’t know what position can be a weakness.

If we win our group then we'll face either Germany, France or Portugal in the first knockout stage.....

:dembele:

Yeah I know but at least it will be at Wembley. I think we can beat Germany, Portugal always right games, France would undeniably be favourites but I suspect they'll top the group anyway.

Who knows, maybe Hungary will finish second?

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Centre back, centre mid, goalscoring wide forward, goalkeeper
CBs yeah they’re meh but the other positions look good imo. Henderson, Rice, Mount and Foden are not bad in CM, and for the goalscoring wide forward you’ve got plenty of options. Sure none of them are Harry Kane level but how many players can say that

CBs yeah they’re meh but the other positions look good imo. Henderson, Rice, Mount and Foden are not bad in CM, and for the goalscoring wide forward you’ve got plenty of options. Sure none of them are Harry Kane level but how many players can say that
Good young forwards with great potential but not the goal threat we need i dont think, or the pace to get beyond (pacy players are well out of form)

I like all the cms individually but I dont think any are top class and we lack a silky ball player in there. We will lose the midfield against Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Germany, Croatia and Italy imo.

Good young forwards with great potential but not the goal threat we need i dont think, or the pace to get beyond (pacy players are well out of form)

I like all the cms individually but I dont think any are top class and we lack a silky ball player in there. We will lose the midfield against Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Germany, Croatia and Italy imo.
Sancho Kane Sterling/Rashford is probably the closest you can get in terms of goals. Mount can contribute with goals from CM too

Silky ball player maybe Foden and Grealish?

Sancho Kane Sterling/Rashford is probably the closest you can get in terms of goals. Mount can contribute with goals from CM too

Silky ball player maybe Foden and Grealish?

Yeah If we set up with mount rice and one of grealish and foden in the midfield 3 id be pleased but I dont see Southgate going for it.

Sancho has yet to do it in an England shirt but it is set up for him. I'm not convinced by Sterling or Rashfords form - I dont think Rashford should have even gone

One of the reasons why I've been mostly indifferent to the Portuguese national team for the last several years:

The team flies to Hungary for the first match, breaking news on TV: "Ronaldo lands in Hungary"

Not "Portugal", not the "National Team", not "26 Low-IQ Cunts", but fucking "Ronaldo FC, The One Man Circus". Well, I wasn't born in Ronaldoland so I don't support that country.
Can't wait for the day he retires and the CR7™ fanboyism dies down here, it's too much.

(Mourinhistas are still worse though)

Try not to get too drunk watching England on Sunday. The big one follows at 1700.

Austria v North Macedonian.

At last these 2 have been drawn together in a competitive game.

Set your eyes to stunned.

Yeah If we set up with mount rice and one of grealish and foden in the midfield 3 id be pleased but I dont see Southgate going for it.

Sancho has yet to do it in an England shirt but it is set up for him. I'm not convinced by Sterling or Rashfords form - I dont think Rashford should have even gone
Are you still playing 3 at the back? If that’s it, most likely you gonna have a double pivot in the middle, Henderson - Foden or something.

Today’s the day
Starting to feel it a bit more now

A good showing on Sunday to launch us into the tournament is vital........ A damp squib draw or loss and it will be same old same old.

Been a pretty low key build up so far and I'm not sure I like the fact that there isn't a 'single base' - just all feels a bit non event when there's no real host.

Starting to feel it a bit more now

A good showing on Sunday to launch us into the tournament is vital........ A damp squib draw or loss and it will be same old same old.

Been a pretty low key build up so far and I'm not sure I like the fact that there isn't a 'single base' - just all feels a bit non event when there's no real host.
My wall chart is up , sorted my fantasy team & snacks & beer are in
Really happy that some of the other home nations are there.
I’m just going to enjoy it for a football fiesta

Back
Top Bottom